Question Light streaking aura around character and objects in game ?

ankido

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2008
I'm not sure what this problem is. When I move my character in a game there is an aura around him that streaks especially during night. Same goes with objects. Does this mean my video card is failing? I've done update on drivers even rolled back to older drivers and the problem persists. I had an issue with the card fan ramping up. That was solved here by applying new thermal paste. This issue I've had used to come and go and now it's come to stay for good. Any solution around this or heard of anything like this?

MSI Twin Forza 7 RTX 2070.

ankido

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2008
I just tried my girlfriends monitor. Same thing. I'm guessing now it's my video card. It does seem like a ghosting type thing. Especially when lookin at letters in game. I truly hope my card is not dying out. No video cards on the market.

ankido

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2008
I found the problem. It's the display port on the video card. I've tried two different cables and the same issues happens. When I tried HDMI, the problem went away. What is the solution to this? I'll have to admit. HDMI looks amazing. Unfortunately too laggy at 60hz.

ankido

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2008
You tried all 3 displayports on your video card?
I have. Not sure if you can see with this video. It's funny when I try to record the issue it almost disappears. Once the recording is done it comes back more stronger. Not sure how well you can see in this video. I don't think it's ghosting. I did a lot of research on ghosting and tried multiple monitors. The issue was there. How do I explain this? It's like the game is smooth until I move the camera and everything gets SUPER SHARP and you see that effect on every object.
Valheim (gyazo.com)