Question Lighting

Ranger_Vet1968

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2014
Is this just me? When gaming, you constantly need to change your monitor display or go into the game settings and change the display settings every time the game goes from dark (night) to bright (day). It kinda always defeats the purpose of immersion when gaming, not to mention if you get jumped while changing said setting and get killed so you can actually see what's going on around you. Is there any way one can fix this, or will it always be a continuing battle that one must wadge to be able to see in a game?

Is this just me? When gaming, you constantly need to change your monitor display or go into the game settings and change the display settings
have never had such an issue.
always setup my displays and leave them.
the same with individual games, just set the brightness and/or contrast when available and usually just leave it throughout my playthrough.

with my television i have multiple profiles/settings for different scenarios(dark room, lighted room, HDR, animation, live action, gaming, etc) which i will switch between when viewing different content or at different times of the day.
but have never had to do this with my PC monitors for gaming.

if you have another display available(TV, etc) try using it and see if you experience the same sort of issue.
if you don't have the same problem, then it's probably just your monitor's lack of contrast.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS