shevanel

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2006
hey i was just wondering what the deal is with light scibe? I have a compatale drive and was wondering if i burns in color?
Also was wondering if its worth the long time it takes to burn or should i break out the sharpies on some cheaper discs and get creative?

the discs i have are memorex LightScribe DVD+R 10PK, not sure if thery can do color or not or what (dont want to open till i know if they burn colors :? )

<THANK YOU in adavnce i appreciate it!

Hamburger

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2006
I have a HP lightscribe drive myself but the media just isn't cost effective. Cheepest rate I could get is about $1.15 per disc.. a 50 pack of ligthscribe discs would cost me a hell of a lot more than a 50 pack standard discs would cost. Lightscribe and DL media are attractive to me, but are killed off by the costs.

So save the $$$ and use a sharpie.

crizazykid2

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
Yes this is becuase it uses no color, it literally uses a laser to burn images onto discs. Have you ever seen anything you put in the fire come out colorful?

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
Right now I think the lightscribe is not that great. I mean it takes a lot of minutes to burn the image in one disc that is not even in color. The sticker cd label maker is still the best. The lightscribe cd are very expensive like a dollar a piece! 8O

So right now I'll stick with my sharpie! :D

clue69less

Splendid
Mar 2, 2006
Right now I think the lightscribe is not that great. I mean it takes a lot of minutes to burn the image in one disc that is not even in color. The sticker cd label maker is still the best. The lightscribe cd are very expensive like a dollar a piece! 8O

So right now I'll stick with my sharpie! :D

Lightscribe discs are a lot more expensive than normal CD/R's but you can get them for way less than a buck each. I bought 50 HP Lightscribe discs today for 19 bucks and change on sale at CompUSA. That's less than 40 cents each. Of course, I could have gotten 100 CompUSA CD-Rs for 10 bucks.. I use both kinds of discs - typically Lightscribe when I want to give something away and want it artistically labeled.

shevanel

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2006
It cost me 24.99 for a 10pk of memorex lightscribe DVD+R ):
i want to just buy one though but no where have i seen 1 disc for sale always in packs