Limited Edition Murderbox MK II Case Costs $1200

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hannibal

Distinguished
[citation][nom]hellfire24[/nom]too sexy for my pocket[/citation]

Like sexy ferrari cars and top models with nice legs ;-)

There is a plase to luxury models allso. They don't have to be most practical, but they have to look guite good and they have to be so expensive that neighbour can not buy it!

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
People are commenting that they've seen better cases for way less. What they fail to realize is that they either don't want or don't understand all of the features this case provides, not to mention the way superior build quality. Sure, you can get a nice case for $300 that will meet your needs, but that doesn't mean it is anywhere near as nice as this baby.

Device Unknown

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
You guys who do not or can not appreciate the quality of a good case should just not comment. Our company builds mods for a living, and even with a CNC, mills etc, it would be hard pressed for us to do this for 1200. Then again we are not set up to mass produce either. Costs get significantly cheaper if you can have them stamped.
$1200 is barely any profit also. The 8mm aluminum alone probably cost them around $200. Then consider the other improvements and cusomtizations. This is a case for people who love Mods and Enthusiasts who need what it's capable of. Not some schmuck putting a stock cooler on their CPU.

bjaminnyc

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
I'd imagine custom modding or custom metal work would run somewhere in the neighborhood of $100 an hr. Therefor, not that bad for a polished finish product. People don't need a case like this, most people don't need four cores either, they want them anyway.

The I'd rather have (x) comments are irrelevant. If you're in the one or the other budget for anything, just enjoy looking at this product from a distance. This thing is for a "fiscal cliff" build.

g-unit1111

Titan
I think I know what case Maximum PC will use in next year's Dream Machine! :lol:

Did anyone look at the prototype build pictures? Man those look incredible. Too bad most people won't be able to pay the $1200 price tag. :ouch:

g-unit1111

Titan

Muderbox - $1200
Corsair AX1200i - $400
Intel i7-3970X - $1079
Rampage IV Extreme - $449
32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum - $240
OCZ Vector 512 GB - $520
2TB Caviar Black - $179
Optical - included
Dual EVGA GTX 690 Hydro Copper - $1100 each

Then the custom water cooling with the metal pipes would put that somewhere in the $1200 - $1500 alone. That would be the "max out your credit card" build. :lol:

youssef 2010

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2009
Murderbox is the right name. It murders your wallet. I mean, $1200 for a case? Seriously?
The case is definitely incredible. But this is a collector's item. Thankfully, Silverstone understands this and is making only a limited number of these beauties.

Status
Not open for further replies.