Question Line ins only work 5 minutes after boot.

Oct 27, 2021
When I turn the pc on for the first time in the day, it says that the headphones are disconnected. when I try to troubleshoot it says that i need to connect the device. 5 minutes after booting up headphones (which r connected through the back jack) connect and disconnect 20 times a minute for about 2 minutes then they just stay on. does anyone know a fix to this? i feel like ive tried everything. reinstalled the drivers, updated my windows etc.

Oct 27, 2021
Have you tried unplugging the headphones before powering down the pc. Then before turning on pc plug them in?
i turned the pc off for 10 mins and when i tried this it seems to have worked, but im not sure if it was off for long enough. because if i turn it off for 5 mins with the headphones plugged in and working, they still work after the restart. its only when its off for longer periods of time that the jack starts screwing up. so ill try this again tommorow and see if it works.

Reactions: Fix_that_Glitch
Oct 27, 2021
its the same headphones ive used them for a while now. but this actually started happening after i had a break from my pc for about 3 months. could it be a windows update that caused this issue?

Oct 27, 2021
because after i turned on my pc for the first time in 3 months of course i got a bunch of windows updates and it might be when the issue appeared