[SOLVED] Lines all over the screen, GPU still works, no sound, and (apparently) no driver ?

William Carter

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2014
Ok, I have an Nvidia GTX 1660 6GB GPU. I've been using it with NiceHash Quickminer when I'm not using my computer. Been doing this for more than a year with no issues. Tonight, I finished playing Diablo 3 with my family, and when I turned my miner back on... this happened (see picture below). I tried using DDU, didn't work. Tried to format the HDD and reinstall Windows, didn't work. Tried reinstalling the recent Nvidia driver, it says "installation completed", but not only did it not fix it, but it is still saying that there is no driver installed. Ive tried a couple of times.

I'd really appreciate any help you guys could suggest. Oh I can play video, but they have no sound. Can't play any games... and when I tried the NiceHash miner again, it says no Nvidia devices found... but obviously I still have video as seen in the picture below. Both fans are spinning on the card as well. And no, my CPU does not have an onboard graphics. Thank so much.

V3POR2O.jpg

Solution
its strange to me that there aren't any of those marks in the black overlay area near the Share your Greatest moments. Although I can't make image any bigger so there might be.

Task bar seems clear of breaks as well.

this is why i don't mine, you have no idea what it might do to PC.

often if the card is dead it won't let you install drivers. They at least recognize card but windows is not accepting them.

do videos have that effect on them or play normal?

curious, does it show on screenshots? or just photos?

Colif

Win 11 Master
its strange to me that there aren't any of those marks in the black overlay area near the Share your Greatest moments. Although I can't make image any bigger so there might be.

Task bar seems clear of breaks as well.

this is why i don't mine, you have no idea what it might do to PC.

often if the card is dead it won't let you install drivers. They at least recognize card but windows is not accepting them.

do videos have that effect on them or play normal?

curious, does it show on screenshots? or just photos?

Solution