Lines/areas of blurred fonts

creatip

Honorable
Jul 26, 2016
Hello,

So I bought a new PC. Nothing fancy, just for office uses. I'm using Samsung 19" display. Problem is, I'm seeing parts/areas, or more precisely, collumns (from top to bottom) of blurred fonts on the display, even as I type now. It's already set at its native resolution (1366x768 @60Hz). Everything is normal, it's just annoying to see. I hope it shows in the screenshot below (don't mind the language of the screenshot :) )

Display: Samsung LED S19F350 19"
Graphic: dedicated Radeon HD5450. I'm using AMD Ryzen, and for some reason I can't use the onboard GPU (there's no option to turn on onboard GPU in the BIOS). The store said that's just the way it is. Had it not Ryzen, then I can use the onboard GPU. I don't really understand, so I take his words on this.

Tried tweaking truetype fonts option numerous times, no improvements.

Thank you in advance.

pNbWnXT.jpg

Solution

1. Your screenshot appears to have been downsized, so it's difficult to tell if there's a problem.

2. There doesn't appear to be a problem in with the text in the screenshot, so Windows seems to be rendering everything correctly. I assume you see the problem when you view the screenshot on your monitor? That suggests there's a problem with the monitor or the cable or video card, or in your display settings for that particular monitor. This is an older monitor with VGA input, which is analog and thus susceptible to interference. Or it could be as simple as hitting the auto adjust button on the monitor.

Try taking a photo of the monitor with your phone, and uploading that. Do not downsize or resize it. Upload it at...

Samuel_gaming

Commendable
Feb 12, 2017
Do you have the same problem with a different monitor? If the problem disappears, its the monitor, if the problem persists, it might be the GPU. Also only Ryzen APU's have dedicated graphics.

1. Your screenshot appears to have been downsized, so it's difficult to tell if there's a problem.

2. There doesn't appear to be a problem in with the text in the screenshot, so Windows seems to be rendering everything correctly. I assume you see the problem when you view the screenshot on your monitor? That suggests there's a problem with the monitor or the cable or video card, or in your display settings for that particular monitor. This is an older monitor with VGA input, which is analog and thus susceptible to interference. Or it could be as simple as hitting the auto adjust button on the monitor.

Try taking a photo of the monitor with your phone, and uploading that. Do not downsize or resize it. Upload it at full resolution. Make sure the photo is in focus, and not blurry or shaky.

Solution
I'm almost certain that the issue is the monitor. It only has a VGA/Dsub input. Personally, any monitor that's using the VGA analog input always makes text look a little fuzzy to me. Unfortunately, the only way to fix this is to get a new monitor. I'd suggest a new monitor 22 to 24 inches in size, 1080p resolution AND has an HDMI input. I'm pretty sure your graphics card has an HDMI output port. So, also get an HDMI cable to connect them. The good news is that a new basic monitor with these specs is around 125 USD. You might be able to find one on sale for 100 USD.