[SOLVED] Lines on everything in Fortnite Save The World at medium, high and epic settings

Solution
It sounds like the AMD driver and possibly the overclock are what's unstable. Even if your overclock seems to be stable almost always, it may just be that you haven't properly stress tested it fully, and this game mode pushes the card to be unstable. I might suggest removing the overclock for now and keep looking for driver updates when they're released. I don't think the issue is with the game because I haven't heard of this issue elsewhere.

woutervdg629

Prominent
Mar 26, 2019
Not sure what STW is, but it sounds like your graphics card is artifacting. This means that your graphics card is unstable, either because it has an overclock on it that is causing the instability or because there is something wrong with the physical card (this seems to be supported by the lines going away at low settings). You may want to look into your warranty options for your graphics card.

Jan 13, 2020
Not sure what STW is, but it sounds like your graphics card is artifacting. This means that your graphics card is unstable, either because it has an overclock on it that is causing the instability or because there is something wrong with the physical card (this seems to be supported by the lines going away at low settings). You may want to look into your warranty options for your graphics card.
I overclocked my card for about 5 minutes roughly 2 weeks ago. These artifacts are only occuring in the Save the World mode of Fortnite. I get them in Battle Royale for roughly 10 seconds before details like grass load in and the artifacts disappear - I only just tried it. Could this still be an issue with my card?

Jan 13, 2020
I have just found out that the artifacting only occurs with the shadows settings. Having them disabled completely fixes the issue. Considering Fortnite Save the World is the only game this occurs in, not even Fortnite Battle Royale, could this be a game issue rather than a card issue?

woutervdg629

Prominent
Mar 26, 2019
It sounds like the AMD driver and possibly the overclock are what's unstable. Even if your overclock seems to be stable almost always, it may just be that you haven't properly stress tested it fully, and this game mode pushes the card to be unstable. I might suggest removing the overclock for now and keep looking for driver updates when they're released. I don't think the issue is with the game because I haven't heard of this issue elsewhere.

Solution