Link for amd phenom x2 black edition 555 (3.20ghz) Driver?

May 26, 2018
WHERE ARE the driver(s) for this exact CPU for win 8.1, x64 actually. Does anyone know? I've been dodging the online results in google like a landmine out there! Everywhere i go someone teases they have them only to turn out a page with garbage on it, teases, and snake oil schemes, and of course, everything BUT the actual driver. Anyone got a real link to it?

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
what driver are you looking for? there is no "cpu driver" there are however, chipset, motherboard and whole host of other drivers out there. makes a difference where to look, but they should all be available from the motherboard support page or if it is a pre-built system, on the brands product support page.

need more info about your system and what you need to be any more specific than that

May 26, 2018

May 26, 2018
The motherboard does have chip set drivers, however, they don't seem to be compatible with win 8.1 and yes, there IS an AMD phenom driver that is included with that chip set from my motherboard. I just want to know if this processor is supported in such a manner by win8.1

Denny

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
if there is a win 8.1 driver listed on the mobo page, then it is supported. if not, then it is not. many win 7 drivers worked fine in win 8 however, if there is not one officially provided. you may be able to use the win 7 one anyway as is or with an ini file edit.