Linking 2 AP's

Mikey

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

HI Everyone I'm after a little help.

I have 2 AP's (1 Dlink DSL-G604T and a Dlink DI-624+) the 604T is serving my
internet. I want to have one at one end of my house and one at the other to
ensure good coverage.

Now what I want to know/do is to have them set up so that when I move any of
my laptops arounds that it will work off of one or the other with the
strongest signal.

is it possable to do this without have to connect to the other one??? (they
both have different IP addresses and SSID)

any help appreciated.

"Mikey" wrote in message news:41b4df6e_1@news.iprimus.com.au...
> HI Everyone I'm after a little help.
>
> I have 2 AP's (1 Dlink DSL-G604T and a Dlink DI-.624+) the 604T is serving
my
> internet. I want to have one at one end of my house and one at the other
> ensure good coverage..
>
> Now what I want to know/do is to have them set up so that when I move any
of
> my laptops arounds that it will work off of one or the other with the
> strongest signal.
>
> is it possable to do this without have to connect to the other one???
(they
> both have different IP addresses and SSID)
>
> any help appreciated.

They should both have the same SSID and be in the same
subnet. The overlap of the AP signals should be about 20 to 30%. Are both of
the APs on an ethernet connection?