[SOLVED] linksys router android odd read out

Hello all i have a odd problem with my new linksys router. I was getting poor signal in my rv from my house so i upgraded my router to a linksys smart router. Now i have great signal however i check the devices and everything that are connected every now and then and lately ive been seeing android device connected via ethernet however there is only my pc plugged into the router norhing else why is it now tellong me there are two android devices connected via ethernet

Solution
Hello all i have a odd problem with my new linksys router. I was getting poor signal in my rv from my house so i upgraded my router to a linksys smart router. Now i have great signal however i check the devices and everything that are connected every now and then and lately ive been seeing android device connected via ethernet however there is only my pc plugged into the router norhing else why is it now tellong me there are two android devices connected via ethernet
Are you using your old router as an access point with an ethernet connection back to the main router? If so, the wireless devices on the AP are wired devices to the primsry router.

kanewolf

Titan
Are you using your old router as an access point with an ethernet connection back to the main router? If so, the wireless devices on the AP are wired devices to the primsry router.

Reactions: white.a.drew
Solution
Are these devices wired or wireless? Which one is the dhcp server?
I have three desktops ethernet connected to main router/modem arris surfboard, and one ethernet connected to my linksys smart router connected to arris surfboard. "Via 100ft cat 5e ethernet" in my roommates bedroom it's "literally" no joke 5ft from the garage in which the rv is right on the other side of and has had no 0 not a single problem. Just odd to see random android device connected via ethernet when only things android connected to any device are phones and idk but maybe the alexa tablets, echo dots, and switches. But thats all via wifi not ethernet and some random tablets here and there but nither one of them have ever had a android device land connected

Ps it's a wrt1900ac

Last edited:
I have three desktops ethernet connected to main router/modem arris surfboard, and one ethernet connected to my linksys smart router connected to arris surfboard. "Via 100ft cat 5e ethernet" in my roommates bedroom it's "literally" no joke 5ft from the garage in which the rv is right on the other side of and has had no 0 not a single problem. Just odd to see random android device connected via ethernet when only things android connected to any device are phones and idk but maybe the alexa tablets, echo dots, and switches. But thats all via wifi not ethernet and some random tablets here and there but nither one of them have ever had a android device land connected

Ps it's a wrt1900ac
If you don't know what every, single, device is that's connecting, then one of those 'random tablets' or other devices could be it.

If you don't know what every, single, device is that's connecting, then one of those 'random tablets' or other devices could be it.
That's just it though, thats all that ever connected to them both nothing more nothing less. All the phones on the property Mine plus 7 others, plus 2 apple tablets, 3 laptops, and the desktops. Ooo plus a smart tv "that is hardwired to the arris surfbord"
With a firestick and like 3 other smart devices plugged into it

That's just it though, thats all that ever connected to them both nothing more nothing less. All the phones on the property Mine plus 7 others, plus 2 apple tablets, 3 laptops, and the desktops. Ooo plus a smart tv "that is hardwired to the arris surfbord"
With a firestick and like 3 other smart devices plugged into it
It still could be any of those as an update could change its name or even a iot hack takeover could do that.