[SOLVED] linksys router says its pulliong 220 mbps, im getting 11-18 through speed test

James Thebeau

Honorable
Jun 18, 2014
i am noticing slower response times in every game, online etc. called spectrum and they are not able to see within the router because its privately owned supposedly, but everything else is good. it happened yesterday big time with hooking up a new computer and downloading a game. the internet yesterday also cut off twice during that period of time

but the router in my app which is an ea8300 says that im pulling 220 mbps. but through ethernet im seeing the 11-18. 2.4 ghz wireless im getting 20-30, 5 ghz wireless im getting 110. this router has had an issue when first getting it that i updated its firmware and the 2.0 ghz channel stopped working. or was intermittent only if i reset the router. any ideas?

kanewolf

Titan
i am noticing slower response times in every game, online etc. called spectrum and they are not able to see within the router because its privately owned supposedly, but everything else is good. it happened yesterday big time with hooking up a new computer and downloading a game. the internet yesterday also cut off twice during that period of time

but the router in my app which is an ea8300 says that im pulling 220 mbps. but through ethernet im seeing the 11-18. 2.4 ghz wireless im getting 20-30, 5 ghz wireless im getting 110. this router has had an issue when first getting it that i updated its firmware and the 2.0 ghz channel stopped working. or was intermittent only if i reset the router. any ideas?
Start with a factory reset of the router. Set only the admin password, SSID, and WIFI passwords. No other settings. Then retest.
Also verify that your ethernet port on the PC is set to auto negotiation and that you get a 1Gb link speed.

James Thebeau

Honorable
Jun 18, 2014
Start with a factory reset of the router. Set only the admin password, SSID, and WIFI passwords. No other settings. Then retest.
Also verify that your ethernet port on the PC is set to auto negotiation and that you get a 1Gb link speed.

okay, factory reseting to be honest i did not think about. i manually reset both modem and router. but i will have to get to that later tonight as I am about to leave.

Thank you for the input, but I dont know about setting the ethernet port to auto negotiate? looked in ethernet port settings and what not, but it does say link speed recieve/transmit is 1000/1000