Question Linksys Velop MX4000 with eero

Sep 3, 2023
Hi all, newbie here (in UK).

I’m having fibre installed to the house tomorrow which comes with a linksys velop mx4000. I already have an eero mesh running well which covers my garden and garage well.

Can I use the eero with the velop or do I need to resort to a second velop to extend the range?

Thanks

My guess is no but you have to read the fine print. Most mesh systems use proprietary methods. Even mesh systems from different product lines from the same vendor might not work together.

There is no actual standard for how mesh is implemented and the manufactures are greedy and they tend to rig them to only function with their equipment so you can only buy extra boxes from them.

Now it might work use the more "standard" wds method of repeater. Even wds is not a official standard and it no longer function with WPA3 security but most manufactures do support it.

I would avoid any kind of wireless repeater unless you have no other method. You are better off using some kind of cable and then using a wifi device as a AP. Ethernet is best if you have it, moca is also a option if you have coax and then you might try powerline networks

TRENDING THREADS