linksys WPC54G and netgear router MR814

My scenario is: My deskop is wired to the router (netgear MR814) and
it maintains its connection to the internet. My notebook (Win XP) is
using a linksys wireless card (WPC54G) and it can maintain the
connection to the router but after a few minutes loses the connection
the internet.

Any ideas or suggestions? I have a feeling that the "windows"
wireless connect utility is clashing with the linksys utility.

thanks
Stewart

Try going into control panel/administrative tools/ services
and disabling wireless zero configuration.

Dave G

"Stewart Rogers" <srogers74@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> My scenario is: My deskop is wired to the router (netgear MR814) and
> it maintains its connection to the internet. My notebook (Win XP) is
> using a linksys wireless card (WPC54G) and it can maintain the
> connection to the router but after a few minutes loses the connection
> the internet.
>
> Any ideas or suggestions? I have a feeling that the "windows"
> wireless connect utility is clashing with the linksys utility.
>
> thanks
> Stewart

Here is some reading material for you
http://arstechnica.com/news/posts/1080251780.html

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;811427&Product=winxp

"Stewart Rogers" <srogers74@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> My scenario is: My deskop is wired to the router (netgear MR814) and
> it maintains its connection to the internet. My notebook (Win XP) is
> using a linksys wireless card (WPC54G) and it can maintain the
> connection to the router but after a few minutes loses the connection
> the internet.
>
> Any ideas or suggestions? I have a feeling that the "windows"
> wireless connect utility is clashing with the linksys utility.
>
> thanks
> Stewart

Great. This worked.

Now if I could just get my "Windows Me" and "Windows XP" to see each other.

Stewart