Linksys WRT1900AC Router Gets Faster Processor, More Memory, New Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

termathor

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2015
"In a collaborative effort with OpenWrt and Marvell, Linksys also announced that the WRT1900ACS will be open source-ready for those that tinker with community-built firmware and will support services such as BitTorrent, VPN and QoS-related modules. "

Given that 1 and a half year after release, the 1900AC still doesn't have a stable open-source driver from Linksys, this statement upsets me a bit.
yeah, "will be open source-ready ...".

Kewlx25

Distinguished
They have my attention

Glock24

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2014
Given that 1 and a half year after release, the 1900AC still doesn't have a stable open-source driver from Linksys, this statement upsets me a bit.

"In a collaborative effort with OpenWrt and Marvell, Linksys also announced that the WRT1900ACS will be open source-ready for those that tinker with community-built firmware and will support services such as BitTorrent, VPN and QoS-related modules. "

Maybe they want someone else to make the driver :p

termathor

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2015

Well, very likely, yes, but it's impossible without very detailled documentation on the chipsets, that would surely contain important IP, and that is yet to be seen.

Huh.. interesting...
Still not interested...
The only thing I've ever bought from belkin that seems to be lasting is a micro USB charging cable for my phone. For that... Belkin is fine, for my home network.. I originally prefered Cisco (Linksys) but now that Belkin is in charge I'll be looking at the nice ASUS routers available these days.

zodiacfml

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2008
Could be impressive if they dropped the price a bit with those updates. Right now, it is lagging behind. Right now, I prefer a tri-band without MU-MIMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.