Linux and prolinea:impossible?

which prolinea ?

"Emmanuel" <ebgy@alussinan.org> wrote in message
news:40823982$0$20167$636a15ce@news.free.fr...
> I tried to boot on Freesco and knoppix floppies , but the system crashed.
> Does it mean that prolinea and Linux aren't possible?
> --
> Emmanuel - http://ebgy.free.fr

EMMANUEL

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001

> which prolinea ?

>>I tried to boot on Freesco and knoppix floppies , but the system crashed.
>>Does it mean that prolinea and Linux aren't possible?

Prolinea 4/66

--
Emmanuel - http://ebgy.free.fr

if memory serves me correctly, that is an old EISA only system...

It might work, it might not. I have never tried it.

NuTs

> > which prolinea ?
>
> >>I tried to boot on Freesco and knoppix floppies , but the system
crashed.
> >>Does it mean that prolinea and Linux aren't possible?
>
> Prolinea 4/66
>
> --
> Emmanuel - http://ebgy.free.fr

hh

Nope. DeskPros of that era were EISA/ISA boxes, but not the Prolineas. The
Prolinea 4/66 was ISA only.
HH

"NuT CrAcKeR" <nutcracker@internationalhacker.org> wrote in message
> if memory serves me correctly, that is an old EISA only system...
>
> It might work, it might not. I have never tried it.
>
> NuTs
>
> "Emmanuel" <ebgy@alussinan.org> wrote in message
> >
> > > which prolinea ?

> crashed.
> >
> > Prolinea 4/66
> >
> > --
> > Emmanuel - http://ebgy.free.fr

EMMANUEL

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001

What is strange is that I think I've tried successfully some months ago.
I've now added some Mo RAM , maybe it's the root of the problem.
The crash is after something like "VBS..."

--
Emmanuel - http://ebgy.free.fr

EMMANUEL

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001

>>if memory serves me correctly, that is an old EISA only system...
>>
>>It might work, it might not. I have never tried it.

It does.
I've changes my memory config.
Was 4(mother board)+4+4+16Mo is now 4(mother board)+16Mo and it works
properly with freesco and drinou

--
Emmanuel - http://ebgy.free.fr