Question Linux boots into grub, how do I fix this? (Dual booting)

83y

Reputable
Aug 1, 2019
I have a legacy BIOS and I am using Windows 10 combined with Ubuntu (Linux), I followed this tutorial to dual boot: YouTube I did everything he did.

Except the fact that I installed it onto separate hard drive instead of the drive where my windows OS is installed. Now whenever I boot it up, it goes to GRUB4DOS, I don't really know what this means and I am not sure on how I should go about fixing this so I came to here to ask.

David3290321

Commendable
BANNED
Nov 20, 2021
Great post a picture of the screen if still not working. Ive used linux and windows for awhile now in dual boot. Unetboot seems to be the single best way. When using the tool make sure you use it correctly, if you don't you will have way bigger problems.

83y

Reputable
Aug 1, 2019
Great post a picture of the screen if still not working. Ive used linux and windows for awhile now in dual boot. Unetboot seems to be the single best way. When using the tool make sure you use it correctly, if you don't you will have way bigger problems.
You wouldn't happen to have a tutorial I could follow would you? I dont want to mess up.

Yes, it boots windows.
Then just get the free version of easybcd go to add new entry and the tab linux/bsd leave it at grub name it 'grub easybcd' , so you know which one it is, and select the proper partition/disk that linux is on,shuld be labeled linux in the list.
If grub doesn't work you can add all the other bootloader as well naming each one according to the loader and try them all in the windows boot menu, the one that works you keep all other entries you can delete, again from easybcd.

TRENDING THREADS