[SOLVED] Linux constantly saying " Kernal is not a valid ELF file system halted"

forzahorizon3guy

Honorable
Apr 6, 2018
I try to boot linux have tried multiple distros. all of them give the same message when booting.
Sometimes like maybe once out of like 10 tries it will boot.

I need help and am about to loose my mind over this.
I have found like 3 forum posts about this issue on google. and thats litterally it all of which say its a memory issue
but.. i have swapped memory and everything even used different sticks that i know ducking work. nothing has worked. im about to loose my mind.

Solution
Update i fixed it, turns out it didnt like multiple brands of memory. turns out it actually was memory
i was using some old Ad-tech i think its called and samsung memory. took out the samsung memory booted fine. put the samsung memory back and took the adtech memory out. booted fine again. it seems Linux does not like mixed memory

forzahorizon3guy

Honorable
Apr 6, 2018
Update when i say i have tried multiple distros
i have tried

Unbuntu based distros
---------
Peppermint
Lubuntu
Unbuntu

Redhat based distros
----------
Oracle
CentOS

all of which give the same error. as soon as you choose to install or live boot. the ELF file error comes up

forzahorizon3guy

Honorable
Apr 6, 2018
Update i fixed it, turns out it didnt like multiple brands of memory. turns out it actually was memory
i was using some old Ad-tech i think its called and samsung memory. took out the samsung memory booted fine. put the samsung memory back and took the adtech memory out. booted fine again. it seems Linux does not like mixed memory

Solution