[SOLVED] Linux recommendation?

tarmiricmi

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2015
Hello people,
I want to try Linux distro, narrowed the choice between Mint (Mate), MX (Kde) and Manjaro (Gnome).

What do u guys think about those distros in term of stability, software updates and availability?
I wanna choose one distro and stick with it.

Cheers

Solution
mint seems to be a solid choice for many people. it is well supported. the desktop itself is not that big of a deal as you can always change it. if you prefer gnome, you can install it to mint if there is not already a distro with it installed.

but mint is very popular and lots of support for a new person to learn with it.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
mint seems to be a solid choice for many people. it is well supported. the desktop itself is not that big of a deal as you can always change it. if you prefer gnome, you can install it to mint if there is not already a distro with it installed.

but mint is very popular and lots of support for a new person to learn with it.

Reactions: Krotow
Solution

dmroeder

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2005
I'm personally a fan o the KDE desktop environment, so MX Linux I suppose. I use Kubuntu personally. If your machine already has an operating system installed on it, then install VirtualBox and try them all out in virtual machines.

michael diemer

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2013
Go with Mint. Manjaro is Arch-based. Most linux systems being used are Debian-Ubuntu-based. also the mint community is large and you will be well taken-care of. After you get the idea, you may want to try some other linux systems. but for the majority of newbies, Mint is the best choice. Which is why it is the most recommended.