Linux to Windows

JMcBoo

Commendable
Aug 9, 2016
I received a refurbished laptop with Linux but I want to replace the Linux with Windows, but I'm concerned about compatibility. It seems to meet the system requirements for Windows 7, 8 and 10 except for maybe the graphics card. It has an Intel i915. Will this work and, if so, what about other requirements that may not be stated for the OS? I looked for some sort of compatibility checker online but could not find one.

Not if Intel didn't write one. Microsoft doesn't write the drivers included with Windows, they are submitted by the various hardware manufacturers.

Microsoft doesn't write the drivers but that doesn't mean they're not included. Also generic drivers often work across multiple OS. It's why you can install windows 10 on older hardware without having to download every driver manually or waiting for the hardware vendors to write a new driver. With a company like Intel, Microsoft does a pretty good job including built in drivers for older hardware.

JMcBoo

Commendable
Aug 9, 2016
So does anyone have any suggestions other than buying and installing Windows and keeping my fingers crossed? Somebody somewhere has to have tried this before.