Liquid cooler (Corsair H100i v2) hose tension

Nexrus

Honorable
May 28, 2013
Hello,

Building a PC - so far everything’s going well. I’m about to install the CPU and I have concerns about that cooler. When I move it to the position that it will be in permanently (on top of the CPU), there is a lot of tension in the hoses. I have to use quite a bit of force hold it in place. Is this normal? I’m assuming the mounting hardware is capable of handeling the tension?

The tension lessens a little when I change the orientation so the Corsair logo is upside down. Is it acceptable to run this way?

Picture below

nEqYmS

https://ibb.co/nEqYmS

Solution
It does not matter if the logo is upside down. Except from the looks and that`s it.

When it comes to the part if it is safe or not with the amount of force you have to use... Only you can tell to be honest since none of us know how mutch force you are talking about.
So you have decide. But if you are unsure about the force and you are affraid that it is to mutch. Then play it safe.
No reason to destroy a computer due to a waterleak just because the waterblock looks nicer while not upside down.
It does not matter if the logo is upside down. Except from the looks and that`s it.

When it comes to the part if it is safe or not with the amount of force you have to use... Only you can tell to be honest since none of us know how mutch force you are talking about.
So you have decide. But if you are unsure about the force and you are affraid that it is to mutch. Then play it safe.
No reason to destroy a computer due to a waterleak just because the waterblock looks nicer while not upside down.

Solution