Liquid Cooler not cold

selsolo91

Prominent
May 11, 2017
I'm new to the PC scene and I just finished assembling my first PC. One of the components that's giving me concerns is the liquid cooler. Maybe I wired it up wrongly but the radiator doesn't feel cold at all. So for some background: I have the asus crosshair vi hero and I have the corsair h110i liquid cooler. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

Solution
It should not be cold, depending on your CPU and overclock it could be dissipating 60-200W of heat, so it's perfectly normal for it to be relatively hot. Remember though that you probably should check to see in the BIOS/software that it isn't over heating if you're doing heavy overclocking, but I would refrain from touching it with your hand if you've been gaming for a while.

MnMWizard

Respectable
Mar 9, 2016
It should not be cold, depending on your CPU and overclock it could be dissipating 60-200W of heat, so it's perfectly normal for it to be relatively hot. Remember though that you probably should check to see in the BIOS/software that it isn't over heating if you're doing heavy overclocking, but I would refrain from touching it with your hand if you've been gaming for a while.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan

It's not supposed to be "cold".
The liquid is transferring heat from the CPU to the radiator.
It will never be colder than the ambient room temperature, and generally much warmer.

selsolo91

Prominent
May 11, 2017

Ohh ok, gotcha. Thanks to the both of you for your speedy and helpful responses!