nikpacara

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2009
Hello everyone,
I am planning to build 10 high performance computer and I am stuck on "Liquid Cooler" selection.

Setup till now is:
MB: Asus Tuf Gaming B650-PLUS WIFI
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5 DRAM 6000MT CL30 AMD
GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming TUF-RTX4080S-O16G
CASE: Corsair 3000D Airflow RGB Black
STORAGE: Western Digital BLACK SN850X NVMe™ SSD 2TB
Power Supply: Corsair RM1000x — 80 PLUS Gold Certified

Since these computers are going to work at least 15 hours a day at a gaming center, I couldn't choose any best Liquid Cooler for heavy duty work!
Someone suggested to find a 280mm liquid cooler radiator in order to fit in upper side which is much better for managing the heat!

So, can anyone suggest me any brand/model which have tested properly!

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
You can get a 360mm AIO in the front, have the fans set to intake from the front panel. One reason I'm looking at a 360mm radiator/AIO is if you overprovision, you have headroom with your cooling.

Where are you located, what is your preferred site for purchase and what sort of a budget have you allocated per AIO purchase?

nikpacara

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2009
You can get a 360mm AIO in the front, have the fans set to intake from the front panel. One reason I'm looking at a 360mm radiator/AIO is if you overprovision, you have headroom with your cooling.

Where are you located, what is your preferred site for purchase and what sort of a budget have you allocated per AIO purchase?
Thank you for your reply!

Well, the reason I’ve decided to set the radiator in top is that the customer support from Corsair suggested that way because Fans interferes with the GPU if I place as intake position because they are to close to each other and if I place in the outer side as a blower, the heat goes straight to the GPU and it affects as well! This might be wrong but it does make sense!

That’s way I choose to use 280mm radiator in top of that case model! 3 Fans placed as blower in the front side and 2 radiator fans to blow air out of the case!

I am based in Albania and there is no problem on purchase! I just wanted any suggestion on the brand/model for any liquid cooler for heavy duty work in an online gaming center!

May I suggest you build one test system before committing to the rest.

As to coolers, I think a top end dual tower air cooler would serve you just as well.
Gaming puts stress on the turbo mechanism, but does not load all of 16 threads of the 7800X3d.

Noctua maintains a list of suitable air coolers.
Here is the list for the 7800x3d:
https://ncc.noctua.at/cpus/model/AMD-Ryzen-7-7800X3D-1649
The strongest would be the NH-D15.
aio coolers do not last forever.
In time, the mechanical pump fails or gets clogged.
Air will intrude through the tubes making the cooler ineffective and in need of replacement.

Build an aio based system and test it out.
Before replicating to 14 more, test out the same system with a NH-D15.
There are other good air coolers that are less expensive, but none as reliable and quiet.

wyliec2

Splendid
Apr 4, 2014
As noted, the Noctua NH-D15 is good - I've used it on 5960X and 10700K.

When I built an AMD 5950X system, I went with NZXT 280mm AIO which kept the temps low (58-65C) on productivity loads running at 90%+ CPU utilization.

I've used both for 4+ years and they continue to run without any issues.

If you have 10 machines in close proximity, I might go with the AIO which should run quieter, especially with gaming loads.