Liquid cooling for lga 1150 cpu

Sam12399

Honorable
Jan 27, 2014
Hi, i am looking for a liquid cooler for my cpu but i dont know the good ones from the bad ones. Could someone point me in the right direction ?
I would prefer a closed loop cooler as i dont really want to have to maintain a custom one. I was looking for a corsair cooler but there are lots of different ones so dont really know which one to go for.
Thanks

Solution
The H55 will be fine for that,lesser coolers would be fine for that.

The so called "K" cpu's have a unlocked multiplier which makes that you can let them run at higher speeds than stock or even turbo.The locked i5's,like yours,are locked at a max value.They can run a bit harder when circumstances are right but only at less cores,this is called "Turbo".The motherboard needs to support overclocking as well,these are the "Z" type motherboards for intel.
There is a thing that can be done on a motherboard that supports overclocking,you probably could make the cpu run max turbo on all four cores,this is a kind of overclocking.
Playing with the "bclk" would be possible too,but other speeds depend on that too and for instance the ram would run...

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
The H55 will be fine for that,lesser coolers would be fine for that.

The so called "K" cpu's have a unlocked multiplier which makes that you can let them run at higher speeds than stock or even turbo.The locked i5's,like yours,are locked at a max value.They can run a bit harder when circumstances are right but only at less cores,this is called "Turbo".The motherboard needs to support overclocking as well,these are the "Z" type motherboards for intel.
There is a thing that can be done on a motherboard that supports overclocking,you probably could make the cpu run max turbo on all four cores,this is a kind of overclocking.
Playing with the "bclk" would be possible too,but other speeds depend on that too and for instance the ram would run faster in that case too.Not something that i would do or recommend.
Want to know more take some time and google. ;)

Solution

Sam12399

Honorable
Jan 27, 2014

Thanks for the reply, i think i will go for the h55. I just checked the compatibility options for this cooler and it says LGA 115x/1136/2011 but also says LGA 1150, 1155, 1156, 1366, and 2011. Does this mean that it is compatible with an lga 1150 out of the box or do i need to buy different brackets separately for this socket ?
Thanks