liquid cooling kit!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TechiGamer

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2013
I am new to the liquid cooling so if one of you guys could help out that would be awesome! So I am looking for a kit that comes with everything I need. I am not very interested in the closed loops like h110, I would like something that I can expand to gpu cooling and can be fancy as some of the videos on youtube. Basically my budget is lowest price possible and I have a thermaltake chaser mk1 chassis and a i5 4670k. Any help would be appreciated!

Solution
The first link I'll give here is the water cooling sticky http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/277130-29-read-first-watercooling-sticky if you've been there, rereading won't hurt, good stuff
The lowest priced kits of quality I am aware of would either be the Swiftech H2O-X20 Edge HD Series or the XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 WaterCooling Kit
Shopping around for those may find decent prices. I found the H20-320 Edge for less than $200 (big sale) and I think I paid around $220 for the Raystorm kit. I will add though that the XSPC Raystorm 750 isn't the highest quality kit (although the price seems good) - the pump is built into the res and in case of failure, the res and pump need replacement (I had a 750 pump/res - lasted just over a...

TechiGamer

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2013

And so what kind of compression fittings? would it be the g1/4 and 7/16?

Rare to find water cooling kits on sale, it does happen but I've only seen it twice (and can't recall if either was associated with a specific day/event). I'd say NCIX is about the lowest price for the D5 EX360 kit (in 6-8 weeks). I tend to use FrozenCPU for much of my water cooling, they seem to have more in stock at any given time. They run about $10 more than NCIX for that kit. http://www.frozencpu.com/products/16071/ex-wat-211/XSPC_Raystorm_EX360_Universal_CPU_Water_Cooling_Kit_w_D5_Variant_Pump_Included_and_Free_Dead-Water_.html?tl=g30c321s1310
I was under the impression you are in Canada though (from the DasMode links)

TechiGamer

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2013

Ya I do live in Canada and if I want to order from FrozenCPU I need to pay like $60 shipping so.... But could you maybe recommend a mount for the kit as I am going to be mouting it onto the back of my case? I have a 140mm or optional 120mm fan mount there. Thanks :)

TechiGamer

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2013