Liquid cooling. Need help!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rammedstein

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006

I'd say it would be about the same, the kandalf has a 3x120mm rad, so although the pump and waterblock may be a tid bit worse, the rad is better, so i would say they are even, however, if you are planning on adding a gpu block to the loop eventually i would go for the kandalf as it has the ability to dissipate more heat.

maverick7

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2006
to be quite honest i dont know how well the liquid cooling is on the kandalf.. but anyways if you do go with it, i wouldnt cool the gpu i would only cool the cpu.

also your missing another hard drive in your system.. buying a raptor x and filling it with games, music, movies, and other stuff will basically ruin the performance.. so get a storage hard drive as well as the raptor, except to save money get the 74 gig NCQ version... since you would also be getting a storage hard drive you dont need the extra room on the raptor.

and to be honest im pretty sure a good air cooler like the thermalright ultra-120 would be a better choice than the kandalf lcs..

so this is what i would do:

1) get only 2 gig ram
2) get a thermaltake armor (this case is absolutely fantastic, easy install and will keep your hardware cool)
3) forget water cooling, because unless you spend $250+ its a waste of money overall
4) get a thermalright ultra-120 extreme
5) get this fan for the heat sink, Scythe S-FLEX SFF21F 120MM Cooling Fan

*and just for your piece of mind, the heat sink i suggested is thee best heat sink you can get right now and its only $65 or so. This will save you time and overall the trouble of water cooling.

antonwalker

Distinguished
May 6, 2007
I am going to only cool the processor. Also this is not my main computer, it will only be for games and a tiny bit of music. Also, I was origionally going to get the T Ultra Extreme 120, but then thought of watercooling because of how hot a q6600 will get. Also I am getting 4 gigs because RAM prices are gunna go up in a few months.

But do you really think the T ultra-120 extreme will provide more performance?