Question Liquid Cooling

roylee1970

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2014
I don't want to take out the motherboard to install liquid cooling so I was wondering if any will seat with my current setup. I have AM4 board with Hyper 212 EVO cooler. Is there any chance there are coolers out there that will screw into it's setup?

Today, coolers will have installation adapters for both intel and amd.

That said, I am not in favor of liquid cooling except for restrictive space installations.

My canned rant on liquid cooling:
------------------------start of rant-------------------
You buy a liquid cooler to be able to extract an extra multiplier or two out of your OC.
How much do you really need?
I do not much like all in one liquid coolers when a good air cooler like a Noctua or phanteks can do the job just as well.
A liquid cooler will be expensive, noisy, less reliable, and will not cool any better
in a well ventilated case.
Liquid cooling is really air cooling, it just puts the heat exchange in a different place.
The orientation of the radiator will cause a problem.
If you orient it to take in cool air from the outside, you will cool the cpu better, but the hot air then circulates inside the case heating up the graphics card and motherboard.
If you orient it to exhaust(which I think is better) , then your cpu cooling will be less effective because it uses pre heated case air.
Past that, A AIO radiator complicates creating a positive pressure filtered cooling setup which can keep your parts clean.
And... I have read too many tales of woe when a liquid cooler leaks.
Google for AIO leaks to see what can happen.
While unlikely, leaks do happen.

I would support an AIO cooler primarily in a space restricted case.
If one puts looks over function, that is a personal thing; not for me though.
-----------------------end of rant--------------------------

Your pc will be quieter, more reliable, and will be cooled equally well with a decent air cooler
like the Noctua NH-U12s or NH-NH-D15s.

roylee1970

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2014
I don't know whether the Hyper 212 uses it's own bracket

but for example an Alphacool Eisblock XPX uses the regular AMD board bracket.
Yes it has it's own bracket. That's why I kind of got the idea a cooler master liquid cooling might bolt right on. I called them but they were closed today so I decided to try here and see if anyone knew for sure.