News Liquid Metal Air Cooler Dubbed 'Most Dangerous Cooler Ever Made'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amdlova

Distinguished
That cooler is made for intel cpu... when you see the 30amps of pure power for cooling the cpu will see the efficiency of intel 14nm ++++ Ops 10nm+++ or other name Intel rives in right moment and opportunity. That magnets is used in maglevs or ressonance machines. You can see the flow of electrons colliding. Don't worry about your graphcis coil wine, this ressonant device will draw all your power making the system complete silent

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
I'm guessing this works like an AIO liquid cooler, except that the radiator is also attached to the base. The fact that it needs a pump (and what a power-hungry one!) tells me the copper pipes are merely conduits rather than proper heat pipes. The difference is that a heat pipe works via phase-change (i.e. boiling the working fluid at one spot, and re-condensing it elsewhere).

If they used this fluid in a water cooling setup, it should indeed be more effective. However, using it in place of regular heat pipes seems quite dubious, as the thermal conductivity of heat pipes is even higher than solid copper!

rluker5

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2014
I didn't know that you could melt sodium and potassium by rubbing them together like indium and gallium. Now I want to do that with some from my collection. The stuff just corrodes away on its own otherwise (at least in mineral oil), unless you store it in a glass ampule with a noble gas.

I imagine these coolers have a bunch of corrosion/reaction residue on the liquid/pipe interface that hurts thermal transfer. I'm surprised it didn't turn into junk in its lengthy storage. Maybe it was stored below its freezing point.

At least they didn't use a cesium-potassium-sodium alloy.

Reactions: bit_user

jp7189

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2012
I didn't know Na + K makes a liquid at room temperature. For those interested, I looked it up: "...mixture consists of 77% potassium and 23% sodium by mass (NaK-77), and it is a liquid from −12.6 to 785 °C (9.3 to 1,445.0 °F), and has a density of 0.866 g/cm3 at 21 °C (70 °F) and 0.855 g/cm3 at 100 °C (212 °F), making it less dense than water."

t3t4

Great
Sep 5, 2023
So 🧂 and a 🍌 make a phase exchange cooler. When you mix salt with your banana (sodium and potassium) it is a corrosive thing from the get go, a dangerous thing overtime due to it's corrosive nature. How well could it work? I don't know. But it is potentially very dangerous to a PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.