Question Liquid metal longevity?

NP

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2015
I have all components, save processor (gonna get 5900x), for my upcoming build. However, the thermal paste is Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut, which is liquid metal. The cooler is noctua D15 chromax, which is nickel plated copper.

The only remaining question is about the longevity of the cooling solution where I use liquid metal between the cpu and cooler (I know how to apply it, so I am not worried about that being somehow difficult). But will there be some longterm complications / deterioration for using conductonaut liquid metal instead of some "more traditional" thermal paste?

I currently use x5680 Xeon that I seated with some no name thermal paste 6 years ago and the temps have been perfectly constant (prime95 @ 88 C) @ 4,4Ghz. So, whatever I use as thermal paste in the new build, I don't plan to reseat it like ever. So, in this scenario, where I already happen to have the conductonaut but no other thermal paste available, should I just give the unsealed conductonaut to someone who needs it and buy some thermal paste, or can I just use the conductonaut?

NP

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2015
So no one knows anything about the difference in durability between liquid metal and traditional thermal pastes? Good, I guess it means there is no difference.

In that case, I just don't understand why people are so alarmed about liquid metal and have all kinds of reservations? As long as you don't splash it or don't use it on aluminium, it is cheaper, and as such it is just strictly better than other thermal pastes.

I don't understand why no one says this out loud.