Liquide Cooler Sound

drjackool

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2013
Hi
My CPU cooler is CoolerMaster ML240L, some times i hear a sound from it like a water (like springs) is it normal? I think the resone may be exist some air in the radiator! is it normal?

Thanks

Solution
Closed loop liquid coolers often make this sound, it is due to them not being 100% filled to capacity and there is some air space. If you shake a liquid cooler and hear sloshing, that means there is some air. Cooler Master even states this in their documentation - I know because I was reading through some last night while prepping to review the new ML240L RGB 240, likely the same cooler you mention above.

drjackool

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2013

It is not noise, it is water sound.

Then maybe you are hearing the air being circulated in the closed loop.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Closed loop liquid coolers often make this sound, it is due to them not being 100% filled to capacity and there is some air space. If you shake a liquid cooler and hear sloshing, that means there is some air. Cooler Master even states this in their documentation - I know because I was reading through some last night while prepping to review the new ML240L RGB 240, likely the same cooler you mention above.

Solution