News List of Broken Games on Alder Lake Down to Just Three

Soaptrail

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2015
No offense to AMD but I feel like if this was AMD instead of Intel it would be 3-6 months before getting the list down to only 3 games.

spongiemaster

Admirable
Dec 12, 2019
No offense to AMD but I feel like if this was AMD instead of Intel it would be 3-6 months before getting the list down to only 3 games.
Also makes the fanboy crowd that was swearing off Alder Lake because they couldn't play some older games look pretty dumb too. As if Intel wasn't going to get this figured out in short order.

Also makes the fanboy crowd that was swearing off Alder Lake because they couldn't play some older games look pretty dumb too. As if Intel wasn't going to get this figured out in short order.
There wasn't even anything to figure out, from before launch we knew that the issue is with denuvo seeing the ecores as 'tampering' hardware.
The only unknown thing was the amount of work it would take and if they would care enough to fix the issue or if they would just let it be, like far cry 4 still launching on core 3 after so many years.

This was more an incompatibility on Denuvo's end, and game publishers needing to update to a new version (or remove the DRM), rather than something Intel fixed directly. I suppose Intel likely played a role in encouraging them to fix it, though Denuvo was probably quick to act to keep publishers from dropping their often problematic DRM more than anything.

I do find it a bit amusing that a 2016 bus simulator is using Denuvo though.

Unfortunately intel is wrong and so, I present to you the wrongness of your article. SWTOR is supposed to have an expansion in a few days and people with alder lake can’t even launch the game….note the “scroll lock” fix or disabling the efficiency cores does not fix the problem.

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=998523&page=8
There are no doubt other games as well, and some older titles might never be fixed, though I suspect that Star Wars MMO will eventually. The article makes it sound like these were the only games experiencing issues, but these are just the ones affected as a result of that Denuvo incompatibility.

Soaptrail

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2015

Most companies care more about the revenue of the next game so i was not expecting all these games to get fixed unless Intel or Denuvo greased the wheels with cash to help. Or maybe it was a really easy fix for all these companies.

Most companies care more about the revenue of the next game so i was not expecting all these games to get fixed unless Intel or Denuvo greased the wheels with cash to help. Or maybe it was a really easy fix for all these companies.
Intel and denuvo are the wheels...
Game devs have nothing to do with how DRM, that they don't own, works.