Question Little trouble shooting problem possibly defective mobo?

Mar 1, 2020
So after my Z97 Mobo went poof recently busting my ram in the process I decided instead of sinking money into an entirely dead end id sell my 4790k add some cash to it and take advantage of the sales.
2700x on discount made great sense for my needs mainly gaming but still like to dust Ableton off every now and then and make a racket 32gb Corsair RAM, NVME boot drive and a basic B450 Mobo in this instance an ASrock pro4 I dont need a huge feature set wasnt planning on overclocking and best of all its RGB free.

So chuck the system together throw in my vega 64 which i already had and it was brilliant, never an ounce of bother ran fast booted to windows login screen in a few seconds really pleasant to use.

Now Jump forward 2 months or so and im getting a few issues popping up, first it was just freezes odd crash here and there nothing to make me worry but it was noticeable. Recently the crashes seem a little more frequent, I thought at first it was the CPU so fired up Prime then Aida and its sweet as a nut. The next thing was it started behaving oddly with my WiFi card so I thought as you would the cards gone bad so I grabbed a spare dongle that fixed the issue for a day or two now its constantly telling me the USB device inst recognized while oddly not disconnecting me from the wifi. The final and most recent "Quirk" is i turn the PC on and and its taking 25 seconds just to get it to start loading passed the Asrock screen also when i boot into bios is virtually unusable the latency is painful everything freezes its a nightmare.

My Feeling is the motherboard needs to go back but before i tear the pc apart id like to hear what you guys think

Thanks in advance all advice welcome

just wanted to add im currently running bios version 3.60 which while it isnt the newest i didnt feel it it should make much difference all other drivers have been checked to be up to date

Mar 1, 2020
Yes it was a clean install.
I ran sfc /scannow and it noted that it fixed some corrupted files I'm not sure how to find out which files but it made no difference. I'll try to repair it using my install usb stick if not I'll wipe the boot drive and start again see if it helps