LIVE BLOG: AMD's Fusion Developer Summit 2012 Keynote

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul_keeper

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
It'd be nice to see mention of video acceleration in linux (xvba/libva support) and kernel 3.4.x support.
I'd welcome a complete rethink or renewed commitment to linux feature support.

DRosencraft

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
[citation][nom]Soul_keeper[/nom]It'd be nice to see mention of video acceleration in linux (xvba/libva support) and kernel 3.4.x support.I'd welcome a complete rethink or renewed commitment to linux feature support.[/citation]

They may do it, but not likely they'll make any mention of it. It isn't a very big part of their current or future business, so I doubt they'll make time to mention it even if they actually do it at all.

wiyosaya

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
For the time being, I've stopped listening to AMD's bravado. When they have parts other than APUs back on the market that meet their promises, I may start listening again.

ltdementhial

Aug 20, 2011
it's all about the dozer's...when do we have an AM3+ SB-IV Killer...and i don't say an: Well the 8150 is well suited and it can compete very well with th 3770k blah blah blah.

i want a: this new FX cpu is the "2500k" of AMD Great Price, Bigerg performance, overclock maniac...like those old day's when i used to brag around my Athlon 64 FX-51 2.2 that thing served me very very well...a TRUE FX.

gilgamex

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2010
[citation][nom]ltdementhial[/nom]it's all about the dozer's...when do we have an AM3+ SB-IV Killer...and i don't say an: Well the 8150 is well suited and it can compete very well with th 3770k blah blah blah.i want a: this new FX cpu is the "2500k" of AMD Great Price, Bigerg performance, overclock maniac...like those old day's when i used to brag around my Athlon 64 FX-51 2.2 that thing served me very very well...a TRUE FX.[/citation]

There is so much more to this than just BD man. You have to create developers who get on board with other aspects of content creation and core utilization. GPU acceleration n such. The future isn't BD really, not even PD, Steamroller will be a great step up but AMD is shooting for much bigger plans.

Nvidia made huge strides with their CUDA development, great Quadro driver support and Beastly Tesla cards. Parallelization is the key in workloads, making the use of GPU/CPU together more efficient and powerful is in AMD's vision their bread n butter. Also, Nvidia doesn't have a CPU chip to contend with at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.