Living And Dying: Hands-On With 'Dark Souls III'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just started the first Dark Souls last night. We'll see how much hair I have left by the time I get to this game.

Hah! The first time I played it, I didn't get it. It wasn't very long before I uninstalled it. It took youtube for me to realize there was more to it than the beginning areas.

Thanks for the lack of spoilers. I'm concerned about the movement speed and all of that, so I'm glad you mentioned it.

I'm going to assume they'll want the big weapons to feel weighty and hit with a lot of power and mass behind them, but the quick movement might be too much of a contradiction? Think it'll be hard to suspend disbelief there?

BrutalAttis

Reputable
Feb 3, 2015
I just started the first Dark Souls last night. We'll see how much hair I have left by the time I get to this game.

If you just starting out with the Souls series, I would give one tip "read up and understand immunity frames (iframes)"

I have played all the Soul games and I loved them all.

Genvar

Commendable
Mar 3, 2016
When I first started playing Dark Souls it was at my friend's house. I asked him about it but he just walked away and told me good luck. Ever since I've been in love with the Souls series.

lpedraja2002

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
My biggest worry is if there will be a framerate lock for the third game. They haven't released an official statement saying it will be 60fps and with Dark Souls 2 it was announced almost 5 months before it launched. A lot of people are wondering about this and I for certain will not buy the game if it's locked to 30fps. Playing Dark Souls 2 in fluent 60fps was enough to ruin me. I can't even play the first game which is overall a better game due to the 30 fps cap and the dsfix halves jump distance and creates certain annomalies too.

Status
Not open for further replies.