Question Load driver during Windows installation

orus

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2012
I usted dban to número my drives and now I want to install windows but I get the message: loado driver. A media driver your computer needs is missing.

I found a solution for intel but this smd driver needed I'm not so sure.

I tried other things like;

Diskpart partition creation
Switching the USB port
Downloading amd chipset.zip and extract it to another USB (but it doesn't detect any drivers)

orus

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2012
Tell us the mobo model number or give us a link to their webpage.
They should have a driver with pre-install in the name, it should also be pretty small since it should fit on a floppy so max 1.4Mb.
Thanks it's

Also forgot to mention I'm my android phone and I'm doing my best with 2 usb sticks and an adapter.

But I didn't saw the pre install you mentioned on the website what can I do if it's an .exe? Can I run it with the cmd prompt on the windows installation?

I also had Ubuntu installed on my pendrive but it didn't boot up it said error with slug file something like that, it just blinked and nothing happened.

But now I think I'll focus on windows first.

orus

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2012
Y90tOsb.jpeg
MW0b1Kl.jpeg

Thanks it's

If you select win 10 and go to sata and click on the 'show all' link below that it will reveal this one:
AMD RAID driver V9.3.0.266 For Windows 10 64-bit.
Version 9.3.0.266 359.45 KB 2021/05/07
That's what you need to decompress and put on the usb.

Even if you want to install win 11 you should be able to use this driver.

Reactions: orus

orus

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2012
If you select win 10 and go to sata and click on the 'show all' link below that it will reveal this one:
AMD RAID driver V9.3.0.266 For Windows 10 64-bit.
Version 9.3.0.266 359.45 KB 2021/05/07
That's what you need to decompress and put on the usb.

Even if you want to install win 11 you should be able to use this driver.
I got some drivers from the sata section and it looks like none are working. Just wondering why it shows as not compatible and are only visible after navigating each individual folder with the hide option unchecked.

Anyway, I ran several of them individually to try and install bit they return the error on the picture 📸. I also tried moving the USB to a different port and running some driver, bit I don't know which one I need.

eeZjiCy.jpeg

orus

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2012
Ok I've done some research and I found out that it depends on my processor and os, so to not screw up I'll stick with W10 on this x570-p mobo with ryzen 5 3600x and focusing on installing the system on the NVME SSD, but even at this point I don't know if the "raid" thing is necessary or what it means.

I think it combines disks and makes them go faster, but I only have one so Then I believe it's necessary to 'try' install it on it to proceed with the OS installation, but not sure if possible since it got formatted and lost the metadata according to what I read on some guide.

Thank you for your advice.

orus

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2012
I tried disconnecting all the peripherals but the keyboard and monitor.

Also tried cleaning the disk, setting it to active after formatting and creating a partition. (Not in that order)

I'm kind of confused why the drivers pointed out before do not work.

Again it's an asus x570-p ryzen 5 3600

Should I try Linux instead?

If you download the one I told you to there are three folders in there one of them called rcraid, that is the one you would need, it has three files in it named the same with the extensions sys cat inf.

Yes, trying linux just to see if it will recognize the disks is a good idea, you can use a live linux dvd/usb you don't need to install it.

orus

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2012
If you download the one I told you to there are three folders in there one of them called rcraid, that is the one you would need, it has three files in it named the same with the extensions sys cat inf.

Yes, trying linux just to see if it will recognize the disks is a good idea, you can use a live linux dvd/usb you don't need to install it.
I got it installed but it takes no commands. When on root it takes them but doesn't return anything or error or progress. I tried adding the path but not sure what I'm doing wrong.

orus

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2012
GtWICaX.png

I think I'll keep asking here if it's ok, otherwise we could mark this as solved.

I managed to install debian 12 but I'm still learning and because I wanted to do it quickly I didn't partition my disk and now It says it's in use and needs to be unmounted before creating a partition.

Also looking for a way to install windows from this linux installation that's why I'd like to know how to partition this one, can it be used by both systems? I guess it has to do with the format right?

Can I partition it without screw it up from linux at this stage?