Question Load/Unload Cycle Count and other readings

je1983

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2016
I have a hard drive that I've had for six months or so. I used to to replace an older drive. It's a WD ezrz 750 4tb. After about a month I had issues with my pc hanging and freezing which I narrowed down to the drive. After a bit of trial and error I made sure the cables were secure. It ran ok for about two months straight and then started causing the pc to restart and hang again. I replaced the sata cable, the issues happened again once or twice. I've now changed the sata port and it's been running well for the last couple of weeks. Each time it's done this, I've been able to reconnect it after a couple of tries and all the data is still there.

Given the history, I can't be sure if it's the drive or the connection. The previous one had no issues at all.

I've been checking it with Seatools and Crystaldiskinfo and there are no issues. However I noticed on speccy the Load/Unload cycle count is rather high at 9,360 which has gone up by 9 overnight. I have older drives that have the numbers in 2k reigeion. I have an external seagate backup hub in the 6k range but I've had that for almost two years. Also, LBA's written 3 billion (nine zeros), and LBA's read 12 billion. Also significantly higher than others that show the spec. curiously not all drives show this.

I'm wondering if, combined with the history, these figures are indicative of anything wrong or maybe a result of all the issues?

Win 7 premium, B150m-a mobo, 16g ram, 450w psu, 4hdd's interna, 2hhd externa (1 powered).