Loading Problems & Hanging

Milpool3553

Commendable
Jul 31, 2016
To preface this I overclocked my CPU and GPU, fairly safely, but also reverted the changes back after this problem occurred.

Ok so I purchased a new video card and PSU a week ago, installed, updated drivers, the whole 9. Everything was working perfectly. Yesterday I began to download and install 10 steam games on my second HDD, gamed for about 6 hours. I wake up this morning try to go on steam, and while its in the middle of downloading Dying Light it starts freezing and hanging, I couldnt even play Bioshock which was running at the time, it'd just freeze. So I restart the computer and try to run steam, the cursor rotates, and Steam doesnt start. I try to start Origin, and Battlenet, Same problem. All of these programs and their respective games are on the same hardrive. They either don't start or start 4 minutes later. I ran defraggler this morning and it showed GOOD, I ran it 30 minutes ago and it showed ERROR, I run it now and nothing shows.

Although Id assume its the hardrive, the problem starts sometimes with other hardrives when trying to load folders, or when trying to search for something in the start menu it just takes long, although its very minimal (might be placebo honestly). So I was afraid it might be Motherboard. Also the cpu and gpu are at good temps, and when I run Photoshop (which is installed on my main C: drive) it runs fine.

Currently steam is running, and freezing, then loading, and freezing, the dying light download I have running right now has flatlined although it says its "downloading". Could this just be a hardrive issue?

Edit:Now defraggler show it as GOOD

Solution
Hi there Milpool3553,

You have two, separate physical drives right? Is your primary one an SSD?

I believe it may be a good idea to back up the important stuff stored on the problematic drive, until you sort this out.
After that, you can test it with some of these: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/282651-32-best-diagnostic-testing-utility

It would not hurt to attach it with different power and SATA cables to another SATA port.

Let me know how this goes,
D_Know_WD :)
Hi there Milpool3553,

You have two, separate physical drives right? Is your primary one an SSD?

I believe it may be a good idea to back up the important stuff stored on the problematic drive, until you sort this out.
After that, you can test it with some of these: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/282651-32-best-diagnostic-testing-utility

It would not hurt to attach it with different power and SATA cables to another SATA port.

Let me know how this goes,
D_Know_WD :)

Solution