Loads of Skyrim Mods Already on Steam Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

acerace

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011

IMO, it's technically. But I don't know much about DRM.

buckcm

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2009
[citation][nom]Spyker2041[/nom]@hardcore_gamer So Steam isn't DRM? If you think about it, it essentially is/[/citation]

Notice harder_gamer said "stupid" DRM. Steam is very nice to use and actually has loosened up original DRM designs on a number of games because Steam was deemed to do a good enough job on its own to prevent piracy by the software companies. Steam innately does not limit the number of activations on games, although it will enforce if companies like Ubisoft decide to be lame, and really isn't the type of DRM that punishes legitimate buyers.

waxdart

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
This is leading up to Mods that you pay extra for. Its all down hill from here. You'll need DRM for mods.
When they turn off all the servers, will you still be able to play Skyrim? I can still play Morrowind and get a mods for that. The does away with it :(

Steam is DRM stupid or not. But do keep in mind Steam also tracks usage and report back to whoever for marketing and profiling. Plus it's another credit card holding system to be hacked.

I did have lot of mods installed which broke when steam updated skyrim unexpectedlyfor me.
If supported mods do away with that issue and If they put "adult" mods on steam I'll be surprised. Some of those mods had a lot of ahem, detail ahem.
How much will you pay for a some throwaway mods?

spunkymunky

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2008
Good job Bethesda. With such a great game and attention to detail you have converted me from a pirate to a game buyer (It also helped that steam had a special for $40). More gaming companies need to learn from this. Make a game specifically for PC, provide good updates, and make things $40 bucks and piracy will be a thing of the past.

kanenfawder

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
[citation][nom]siuol11[/nom]It won't let me go to the HD texture pack page in my browser and I can't find it in steam.[/citation]

It's not in the workshop. It's on the actual Skyrim store page as DLC would be for any other game.

beardguy

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
The new HD texture pack is sick!! Don't be fooled just by looking at before/after screenshots. The difference is totally noticeable when you actually play the game. Almost every texture looks better, and Skyrims graphics are now on-par with other modern games.

PC FTW!

beardguy

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
[citation][nom]kanenfawder[/nom]It's not in the workshop. It's on the actual Skyrim store page as DLC would be for any other game.[/citation]

Click (highlight) Skyrim in Steam. Now look to the right side under "links" and click "DLC". It'll take you right to the download page. Cheers!

RipperjackAU

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
Now that the Skyrim creation kit is out, can someone PLEASE port over the Portable Tent mod from Fallout: New Vegas to Skyrim? I love that portable tent! :)

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
I love how Steam is playing up the modding strength of PC titles. Making it easy to get mod content is a great thing that really helps sell the PC platform and its games. I know I've bought games before just to play around with their level editors. It certainly gets me interested in Skyrim. I didn't buy it, but if the right mod comes around I will. It's a shame some modern titles like Bugfield 3 don't support modding at all, period. Without custom maps that game will be dead soon.

Unfortunately, the best mods for Skyrim won't be on Steam Workshop. I challenged a friend that if he wanted me to buy the game he'd have to create voluptuous cat women for me. They were around for Oblivion! We'll see where this goes. I'll probably buy the game by summer.

Paul22

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
[citation][nom]bigdragon[/nom]I love how Steam is playing up the modding strength of PC titles. Making it easy to get mod content is a great thing that really helps sell the PC platform and its games. I know I've bought games before just to play around with their level editors. It certainly gets me interested in Skyrim. I didn't buy it, but if the right mod comes around I will. It's a shame some modern titles like Bugfield 3 don't support modding at all, period. Without custom maps that game will be dead soon.Unfortunately, the best mods for Skyrim won't be on Steam Workshop. I challenged a friend that if he wanted me to buy the game he'd have to create voluptuous cat women for me. They were around for Oblivion! We'll see where this goes. I'll probably buy the game by summer.[/citation]

Why aren't the best mods going to be there? SKSE works, all you have to do is launch the launcher so it syncs up your mods then close it and launch SKSE. This way all your mods will stay updated without having to track down downloads every time it updates. I think quite the opposite, that the best mods will be on here.

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
[citation][nom]waxdart[/nom]This is leading up to Mods that you pay extra for. Its all down hill from here. You'll need DRM for mods.When they turn off all the servers, will you still be able to play Skyrim? I can still play Morrowind and get a mods for that. The does away with it Steam is DRM stupid or not. But do keep in mind Steam also tracks usage and report back to whoever for marketing and profiling. Plus it's another credit card holding system to be hacked.I did have lot of mods installed which broke when steam updated skyrim unexpectedlyfor me. If supported mods do away with that issue and If they put "adult" mods on steam I'll be surprised. Some of those mods had a lot of ahem, detail ahem. How much will you pay for a some throwaway mods?[/citation]
Nice comment, TROLL. First of all, Bethesda had mods you could pay for in both Morrowind and Oblivion, and nobody is forcing you to buy them. Basically you seem to be complaining that a company that made a game for you shouldn't be able to sell anything else related to that game? Gee, I guess Bethesda may as well fire their staff and there will be no more TES games. The rest of us will be sad about that but we can all take solace in the fact that good 'ol Waxdart no longer has to feel offended by the free enterprise system.

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
[citation][nom]Paul22[/nom]Why aren't the best mods going to be there? SKSE works, all you have to do is launch the launcher so it syncs up your mods then close it and launch SKSE. This way all your mods will stay updated without having to track down downloads every time it updates. I think quite the opposite, that the best mods will be on here.[/citation]
My definition of best mods is not the same as your definition of best mods. =P Somehow I doubt scantily clad voluptuous cat women are going to appear on Steam Workshop. I'd like to be wrong and see content for all ages and interests show up though!

G

Steam has the game on sale today for $39.99 until 4pm Pacific time.

unther

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2012
One of the funniest mods I've tried so far is the shout that turns NPCs into chickens, yeah thats right, a chicken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS