[SOLVED] Local disk drives D: and E: disappear and reappear

Jun 24, 2021
my internal hdd keep disappearing for no reason at all , I've checked disk management and i cant find them there, I've checked device management and i cant find them there either, they randomly appear after my laptop has been shut down for a while or the last time they reappeared was when i did a full system recovery and i don't wanna go through the process of doing a system recovery and then downloading some files again everytime this happens, i took it to a professional and they somehow rebooted it and my drives were back! is there a setting or something that is doing this??

Solution
How do you connect the two HDDs to your laptop?
well today i went to another professional, he opened up the laptop and turns out the slot of the HDD was bigger than the HDD itself so he stuck something in between to fix the HDD in position and now my problem is solved, i appreciate your and your time tho.
Jun 24, 2021
sorry for the late response but here you are

g5ZAQR.png

Can you post a screenshot of your computer's disk management?

Jun 24, 2021
The D and E disks are used by the system (EFI and Recovery), they aren't accessible to user.

So regardless whether you see them or not, you can't use those disks.
those arent the D and E disk , i have two HDDs in this laptop as well, they have about 200 or more gb in them they keep disappearing that was my problem

Jun 24, 2021
Do you see that HDD in the Bios?
i couldnt find them in the bios sadly, again they randomly appear and disappear, they come back when i did a complete system reset so im kinda suspicious that theres something up with the settings but then again could be anything

i couldnt find them in the bios sadly, again they randomly appear and disappear, they come back when i did a complete system reset so im kinda suspicious that theres something up with the settings but then again could be anything

So if I understand well, before this happens, you used to have two drives, the first drive is C and the second drive has two partitions which are D and E, is that correct?

Jun 24, 2021
So if I understand well, before this happens, you used to have two drives, the first drive is C and the second drive has two partitions which are D and E, is that correct?
yes the C drive is visible but the D and E dont show, the D and E are two HDDs and the C is a SSD

Jun 24, 2021
How do you connect the two HDDs to your laptop?
well today i went to another professional, he opened up the laptop and turns out the slot of the HDD was bigger than the HDD itself so he stuck something in between to fix the HDD in position and now my problem is solved, i appreciate your and your time tho.

Solution

Gotta love those laptop that want 7/9mm thick hard drives/ssds and you toss in a 5mm and everything comes loose al the time lol.