Question Lock usb port/driver for internal USB?

gijoe50000

Distinguished
May 27, 2013
So, I have a cheap Cello laptop, and it seems like it has its wifi/bluetooth adapter connected internally to some kind of USB port, or something to this effect.

Several times in the last few weeks I've suddenly had my wifi and bluetooth disappear completely after a reboot, after I installed a new USB device, and sometimes I don't get them back until I move the device to another port and restart the laptop, and other times I have to completely uninstall the new device to get them back.

I'm thinking that one of my USB ports is shared, internally, with the USB hub and the new drivers take over the whole hub and stop the wifi driver from working.

Which leads to the slightly odd title of this post!
Is there a way to tell the laptop to stay the hell away from these wifi drivers? Or to always give the wifi driver precedence?
Or to just stop my wifi from disappearing?

I'm not sure if this is, exactly, what's happening, but this is what it looks like to me..

gijoe50000

Distinguished
May 27, 2013
You can go to Device Manager page then extend all the tabs to see the list of connected devices, specially the USB devices.

Yea, I know the basics of Device Manager, but I don't see anything there to help me solve the issue.
Uninstalling the conflicting drivers from there doesn't solve the issue (I had to uninstall the actual application), nor does disabling the hub (obviously).
Did you have something specific in mind in Device Manager?

Yea, I know the basics of Device Manager, but I don't see anything there to help me solve the issue.
Uninstalling the conflicting drivers from there doesn't solve the issue (I had to uninstall the actual application), nor does disabling the hub (obviously).
Did you have something specific in mind in Device Manager?

Personally I would disable the internal USB device and use a true USB wireless adapter like this instead:

EW-7612UAn_1000x1000.jpg