locked out win 7 pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetstar88

Prominent
May 31, 2017
I had my computer for over 3 yr. I got the win 7 not gen 7601 for about a wk. Now I can't log in or anything. black screen and win not gen ect on screen. How is this legal?

You had a non-geniune copy of Windows installed? Did you computer come with Windows 7? If it did, there should be a recovery partition. And how is it legal? You are possibly using a non-legit version of Windows, so Microsoft can pretty much do what they want.

USAFRet

Titan

Where did your Win 7 Pro come from?

You have a non-genuine Win 7, and it now does not work?
Yes...that is what will happen.

jetstar88

Prominent
May 31, 2017
I did get the computer 2nd hand loaded with the OS Win 7 pro. It has been running fine and updating Auto for the last 3 plus years. Now all my files and info are locked out to me! I don't have any source disk to speak of as it was per-loaded. My computer my files & info and Microsoft can just turn it off. I have read of other people who had the same error and this did not happen. I have read where people that had proof that the are using a legit version of Win and still got the error. This is the same thing as rasomware, I have to pay someone to get my * back. This can"t be legal.

USAFRet

Titan

In your purchase of the system and the OS, the seller was required to transfer to you the CoA (Certificate of Authenticity), and the actual license key, and the actual install media.
This is stated in the OS licensing agreement.

If it is now saying 'Non Genuine, you have 2 courses of action:
1. Buy a valid OS
2. Call Microsoft and plead your case. They may take pity on you.

And for future reference, for any used PC, your very first move should be a full wipe and reinstall of the drive and OS.
Otherwise, you are trusting that the original owner and anyone else who ever touched that PC is not a criminal of some sort.

jetstar88

Prominent
May 31, 2017
I BELIEVE THAT IT IS A MICROSOFT PROBLEM. TO THIS DAY I AM LOCKED OUT OF MY COMPUTER ( USED IT WITH NO PROBLEMS FOR OVER 3 YEARS ) BUT NOW MICROSOFT IS JUDGE, JURY & EXECUTIONER! NO TRIAL IT IS THEIR OPINION THAT MY OLD WORKING WIN 7 IS NOT LEGIT. SO THEY COME INTO MY COMPUTER IN MY HOUSE AND DESTROY IT. I CAN REALLY SEE NOW WHY THEIR ARE SOME MANY PEOPLE MAKING HARMFUL PROGRAMS TO INFECT MICROSOFT PRODUCTS. WHAT GIVES THEM THE RIGHT TO GO INTO MY SYSTEM IN THE 1ST PLACE? WHEN SOMEONE BREAKS INTO SOMEONE ELSE'S SYSTEM THEY CALL IT A CRIME. WHEN SOMEONE BREAKS INTO SOMEONE ELES'S SYSTEM AND DOES DAMAGE IT IS A BIGGER CRIME. WHO WATCHES MICROSOFT?????

You really are not making sense. You say Microsoft is going in, but if it is not legit, then you have no say so. They have a software to protect, and they will do whatever it takes to protect it. If you have a legit Windows 7 key, why not just reinstall it. If you click on a file or webpage, then your computer can be infected.

I really think a mod should close this, because it's not getting anywhere.

jetstar88

Prominent
May 31, 2017

jetstar88

Prominent
May 31, 2017
THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY. THIS IS A SYSTEM THAT I HAD RUNNING FOR 3 PLUS YEARS, I ALSO PURCHASED IT 2ND FROM A PERSON WHO ALSO HAD IT WORKING BEFORE SELLING IT. I FEEL THAT IF THERE WAS A CLAIM TO BE MADE THERE SHOULD HAVE MADE IT BEFORE THIS (1) I ONLY HAVE A BROKEN SYSTEM BECAUSE OF MICROSOFT ( BELIEVES IT NOT LEGIT AFTER 3 PLUS YEARS ) I DON'T HAVE A SAY, DON'T HAVE THE CHANCE TO ASK ANY QUESTIONS IT IS JUST SHUT IT DOWN. (2) I HAVE READ MANY (OVER 20) COMPLAINTS ON HOW MICROSOFT HAS SHUT DOWN PEOPLE'S PERSONAL SYSTEM EVEN THROUGH THEY HAVE PROOF OF LEGAL PURCHASE. IT SEEMS THAT THE ATTITUDE IS SHUT THEM ALL DOWN (SLOWLY) AND WATCH OUR SALES GROW.
I BELIEVE THAT THERE IS MORE GOING ON THAN MICROSOFT PROTECTING IT'S PROPERTY. IT'S ACTION HAS PUT MY INFO OUT OF REACH BASED ON WHAT? A PROGRAM THAT HAS HAD FAULTS FOR YEARS. CUSTOMERS HAVE RIGHTS. PEOPLE HAVE RIGHT TO PRIVATE PROPERTY. WHERE IS THE OVERSIGHT?

It's not really private. It's a license you agreed to when you installed Windows. Private property is having a fence around your house and having a sign and keeping in compliance with your local laws.

Either way, re-install Windows. If you have a legit key, then use it. If not, this is a pirated copy, and we do not support that. Case closed in my book.

I don't know if you have a genuine copy of Windows or not. Either way, you may be able to recover your data by installing the HDD as a secondary drive in a different computer. If you have some sort of ransomware and the data is now encripted, that would be a different story, but I doubt that is the case because the "hackers" would pop up a message instructing you how to pay them to unlock the encription.

Can you boot from a Linux disk or USB flash drive to see if your data is still there? If so, you could copy it off safely and then download (from Microsoft) the Media Creation Tool and the iso file for your version of Windows and do a clean install.

USAFRet

Titan

Call Microsoft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS