Locking TV Inputs

Dom46

Reputable
Jun 26, 2019
I have a 26 inch Toshiba flat panel. My mom, (90yrs old), keeps hitting the wrong button and changing the input... and can't get it back.

Has anyone ever heard of a feature that allows you to set an input and lock it there?

Thanks,
Dom

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
the wrong button on the remote?
if the remote control has soft silicon type buttons you COULD get a razor and trim the silicone flush to the surface of the remote.
she would need to actually use something and really mean to press that button again.

I have worked with the previous generations and I have gotten generic remote controls and sliced off all the problem buttons for people.

no button, no pressing.
All I got

Dom46

Reputable
Jun 26, 2019
the wrong button on the remote?
if the remote control has soft silicon type buttons you COULD get a razor and trim the silicone flush to the surface of the remote.
she would need to actually use something and really mean to press that button again.

I have worked with the previous generations and I have gotten generic remote controls and sliced off all the problem buttons for people.

no button, no pressing.
All I got

Thank you for the reply.

No, she likes to use the controls on the TV. I thought if I could set it and lock it, problem solved. Perhaps there is a way to lock the settings...

I'll have to investigate further.

USAFRet

Titan
Alternately, a Logitech Harmony.

You set it up, and all Mom does is press "Watch TV".
It turns on the relevant devices, to the proper input and channel.

Can't select the wrong input.

Reactions: R_1

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
less destructive method.
dis-assemble the remote and disable each offending button bu putting an insulator between the button and the circuit board of the remote control. less destructive and each button can be selected and block with a simple piece of electrical tape/nail varnish on the contacts of the circuitboard. can be removed easily later and full functions restored.

F483AOVIJ8WVU0P.LARGE.jpg

block the conductor from the board.
(ignore cotton)