Logitec Solves Ultrabook Problem: Connectivity

Status
Not open for further replies.

adgjlsfhk

Honorable
Feb 21, 2012
I really feel that the company names is just a lawsuit waiting to happen. It's also one of the few justified ones, and both companies would benefit by not being associated with the others problems.

viper666

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2006
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]So, is there also a company named Logitek?[/citation]
From a simple Google search it seems there are at least 5 companies under that name

[citation][nom]lp231[/nom]In Japan, Logitech is called LogiCool.[/citation]
Looks like Logitech was founded Oct 1981, while Logitec was founded June 1982 but the parent company has been using the name since 1974.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logitech
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%83%AD%E3%82%B8%E3%83%86%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF

So likely Logitech owns the trademark on the name in the U.S. and probably most of the world, while Logitec owns it in Japan (hence why Logitech changed their name in Japan). Sorta like how gmail is called googlemail in Germany because another company owns the trademark to gmail there. Fun, fun, fun.

Personally I'd like to see the old x-jack connector (from PCMCIA cards in the 1990s) revived for ethernet ports on ultrabooks. It's spring-loaded and pops out/in when you press it. Despite how fragile it looks, it survived several drops of my laptop onto it without breaking. And several times when I tripped over the LAN cable it ended up yanking the PCMCIA card out and dumping the laptop on the ground (Thinkpads FTW), instead of breaking the jack.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:XJACK_network_card_extended.jpg

Aoyagi

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2010
Haha, people buying notebooks without LAN knowing they could use it some day or the things with only one USB...
The name is pretty bad too, I hope whoever got that idea will be neutered.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]adgjlsfhk[/nom]I really feel that the company names is just a lawsuit waiting to happen. It's also one of the few justified ones, and both companies would benefit by not being associated with the others problems.[/citation]
Lol yeah i didn't realise this was a different company till they mentioned it.

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
This doesn't really "solve" the connectivity problem.

And very few people who actually need a LAN connection are going to buy an ultrabook that lacks a LAN port. Lastly, bulky inconvenient connector is bulky and inconvenient. Negates the purpose of having and using an ultrabook...

kyuuketsuki

Distinguished
May 17, 2011
[citation][nom]janetonly42[/nom]The problem with Ultrabooks is tiles. aka Windows 8.[/citation]Except that has zero to do with Ultrabooks. And FFS, you can get into the desktop with one goddamn click or keystroke. Would you people just shut up already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS