Question Logitech C922 Pro Stream Webcam Microphone not working with YouTube. Need help.

MasterYoda327

Honorable
May 26, 2019
I am trying to get my Logitech C922 Pro Stream Webcam's microphone to work with the microphone search feature for YouTube on my desktop PC. I have checked my Windows 10 Home microphone settings under both Sounds and Privacy and everything looked good, I allowed my Brave browser to have access to the microphone, but it still doesn't work. I looked for Youtube videos to fix the problem but I could not find anything that could help me. Is there something that I missed or did incorrectly or is my webcam's microphone not designed to work with YouTube?

Thanks in advance.

MasterYoda327

Honorable
May 26, 2019
It is a personal computer. I have only tried setting up YouTube voice search to work with my microphone today. My mic and voice are still detected in Windows 10 sound settings, Skype, and Zoom. Those are the only areas where I currently use my microphone for voice input, but as stated earlier I would like to use voice search with YouTube.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I have the same webcam and just used the feature for the very first time by enabling the device in Firefox. This confirms that Youtube supports.

Must be a browser setting issue preventing this from working. It is the multiple browsers thing that is the head-scratcher.

Are you using any plug-ins/extensions on your browsers? Any common between them?

MasterYoda327

Honorable
May 26, 2019
For my browser extensions:
Brave: No extensions
Chrome: Google Docs Offline and Trend Micro Toolbar
Edge: NordVPN, Trend Micro Security, and Google Docs Offline

MasterYoda327

Honorable
May 26, 2019
I checked my camera and microphone settings on my Brave Web browser. Nothing appeared to be wrong with the settings in those areas. I borrowed a family member's dedicated PC microphone to see if that solved the problem, but I still couldn't use YouTube voice search even with my YouTube and Google accounts logged in on both my Brave and Chrome browsers. I reset my default microphone settings back to my Logitech C922 webcam microphone on my Brave, Chrome, and Edge browsers and the C922 mic appeared to be working properly in my Windows 10 Sound settings, Skype, and Zoom. Could it be my NordVPN or Trend Micro Antivirus programs preventing YouTube voice search on my PC? I have the mobile versions of the mentioned programs on my Android smartphone, but I can still use YouTube voice search on my YouTube app on my smartphone. I am starting to suspect that it may be some kind of hardware compatibility issue because I have an older PC system. My desktop PC build is around 7 years old. If that is the case, then I am prepared for the possibility that I won't be able to use the YouTube voice search on my desktop PC until I get a new computer. I appreciate any additional advice or suggestions that you may have that might fix this problem.

MasterYoda327

Honorable
May 26, 2019
One additional thought occurred to me. I recently went through my main Google Account settings and YouTube settings. I did this to try to improve both my privacy and security settings. Is it possible that there may be a setting in my Google account or YouTube account that is preventing the YouTube voice search from working on my desktop PC browsers? If so, where would I look in my Google account or YouTube account settings to check and/or fix it? I tried the YouTube voice search on my Edge, Chrome, and Brave browsers with my account logged in on Brave, logged out on Edge, and both logged in and out on Chrome. I don't know if it makes a difference to the situation, but I just thought I would throw it out there.

Last edited: