Logitech Desktop Can Keep Rolling for 3 Years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three years? Are they using specific batteries? If not, that kind of efficiency needs to be applied to other tools. Is so, than that kind of battery (internal efficiency) needs to be used and scaled upwards.

Ehsan w

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2009
btw, I hope they counted alot of mouseclicks....cuz we like our shooters..... halo 1 style. (click for every bullet you shoot).

Ehsan w

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2009
[citation][nom]Shadow703793[/nom]Soo.... what's wrong with wired mice/KB which don't have battery issues at all?[/citation]

[citation][nom]JohnnyLucky[/nom]Shadow - Absolutely nothing wrong with hardwiring!We don't need no stinkin' batteries![/citation]

don't you want everything to be like it is in the movies :p
everything wireless. We gotta start pushing it someday.

g00ey

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
It's actually using nucular power cells where they let a radioactive material with a half-life of about three years radiate on a set of electrodes which gives rise to a photoelectric effect. The electricity from the photoelectric effect is used to power the keyboard. Frequent use of this keyboard will make the toilet glow every time you take a leak but otherwise it's pretty cool. The agency say that these side effects are harmless and nothing to worry about.

zorky9

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009
It's actually using nucular power cells where they let a radioactive material with a half-life of about three years radiate on a set of electrodes which gives rise to a photoelectric effect. The electricity from the photoelectric effect is used to power the keyboard. Frequent use of this keyboard will make the toilet glow every time you take a leak but otherwise it's pretty cool. The agency say that these side effects are harmless and nothing to worry about.

It actually uses vespene gas.

mtyermom

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2007
I would definitely like to see more info on how they achieve 3 years estimated use between recharge. Surely they didn't create a new and proprietary battery technology. The article makes it sound like the battery tech is the same but the devices themselves are more efficient. I would most certainly be interested in this for the living room HTPC, but I would have to see some testing/results before I'd consider dropping the $$. This also begs the question: what kind of premium are they going to charge for this?

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
[citation][nom]Shadow703793[/nom]Soo.... what's wrong with wired mice/KB which don't have battery issues at all?[/citation]
Amen to that, my friend! Had two wireless mice and I just couldn't grow to liking them. Got the G9 (Logitech) and I couldn't be happier. It feels right, no batteries, solid and precise. Proud owners of the corded mouse, UNITE! Long life the corded mouse!

G

but there'll be some very small print warning you that when the batteries finally die, you have to wait 6 months for it to recharge!

I have the Logitech Cordless Desktop MX 3200 Laser and I used rechargeable batteries and they last around 3 months. If you use re-chargeables batteries I do not see this model as an upgrade.
If I upgrade it will be to a back-lit keyboard model.

Status
Not open for further replies.