Logitech G Pro, Hands On: By Gamers, For Gamers At 83g

Status
Not open for further replies.

3ogdy

Distinguished

They released the MX Master in some sort of intent to replace the Revolution...it's just that they failed ergonomically speaking.

3ogdy

Distinguished
It's great to see another quality product from Logitech, but I hope Logitech considers redesigning their flagship MX Master or provide another mouse like it.
They failed to provide ergonomically positioned controls - the back/forward buttons are wrongfully placed...way too far behind for comfortable use (at least by a damn human).
Then they provided a microUSB connection in order to connect your mouse to the computer - you would think it could also be operated through that same cable - because LOGIc, LOGItech, because LOGIC. Nope, even if the mouse is connected to a computer through cable, you'd still need a unifying receiver for it to work. "Great".

You know, this sort of mistakes are hard to make even from the perspective of a company that's new in this industry - which is pretty much the opposite of Logitech, especially in the PC peripherals area.

We don't talk about the Performance MX or the MX Master. In fact, I'm pretty sure they never happened. As you said, the thumb buttons on the Master are horribly placed. The G700 and 700S used a similar mould to the Revolution, but everything I read about them said the battery life was junk compared to the Revolution.

pingu_Z

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2008
I had a Revolution but the scroll wheel gave out, so I replaced it with the MX Master. At first I wasn't too sure about it but I like it, it is surprisingly comfortable to use despite its looks. And yes you can use it through the cable I am right now as I am typing this.

I'm just so glad Logitech reversed their stance on trying to get out of the PC peripheral business (including racing wheels). Whoever the moron is who initially made that decision I hope they are no longer at Logitech. Loving my M510 general use mouse and my G602 gaming mouse. Was fortunate to score a COD MW3 version of the G105 keyboard in a sales bin at Target for $15. What a lucky find that was! Loving that too.

pingu_Z

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2008
Logitech got out of making OEM peripherals, as in they no longer make stuff for Dell and HP and the rest to re brand under their own name. They never talked about getting out of the peripheral game as a whole.

The sensor in this is the same one in the G502 which is considered one of the best sensors on the market. I have been using it and it feels great. In fact I think it is better than a laser sensor from what I have read.

The only thing I found interesting about the G700 was the ability to plug it into a USB cable to charge and use. However I won't use wireless since it just has too much lag and issues with other things I don't like.

It should be. The G600 (Which I also had at one time) is great for MMORPGs but not as good for FPS games. The G502 is on the other hand and I have been using it since the first one (currently have the G502 Spectrum) and it is a fantastic mouse.

My wife has the G105. Not a bad keyboard, a lot like the G15 in design but I can't use non mechanical keyboards now. I tried. My work gave me a wireless Logitech keyboard and mouse. It felt unnatural. So I brought in my old K90 and G600 and have felt so much better.

lorfa

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2012
Don't need side buttons, and still too heavy at 83 g. Also no one needs 12k dpi. Could just have 400-1600 in 200 dpi steps. Make sure these are really smooth.

83g is too heavy?? What weight would be ideal for you then? =)

Anyhow, ty for the article. Looks like an excellent mouse, same weight category as the g-302/3, with a more comfortable, pragmatic shell. Logitech maybe wanted to create a simpler mouse with the G-Pro, reliable, hopefully with little to no sensor rattle, that could work fine with or without software. Maybe they're starting to understand that using odd shapes for some of their mice isn't necessarily an ideal way to distinguish themselves. Ditto re software. Some of the best selling mice don't rely on proprietary software, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

The g502 Spectrum is on the heavy side, and while it's likely the best mouse for browsing on the market, I find I rarely use mine, even for browsing, Not because it isn't an excellent mouse, only because I'd gladly forego it's features, and settle with a 3310 optical sensor if it means being able to use a mouse that is far more comfortable to the touch and to use in general. If the G-Pro had been available at the time I got the 502, I'd have gladly gone with it instead.

I use well more than 1600DPI and have used almost 8000DPI in some games depending on what I need it for. I would rather have the options and ability to tune it than to have a sensor that is too slow.

You may not want side buttons. However many, many others do. I won't buy a mouse unless it has at least five thumb buttons, preferably six. It's quite handy to have buttons for actions like reload, crouch, use, zoom, and melee that don't require you to move your left hand on the keyboard.

It's not just gamers either. Millions of people use thumb buttons for basic forward/back navigation. You've got four groups of people in this case. Those that want no thumb buttons, those that don't use thumb buttons but don't care if they're there, those that want at least two thumb buttons, and those that want more thumb buttons. As it is, this mouse caters to groups 2 and 3. With no thumb buttons, only 1 and 2 would be interested. Take a guess which is the larger number of potential consumers.

Argent Gold

Reputable
Sep 23, 2015
If I recall, the DPI is adjustable in by increments of 50 DPI (I'll have to check), ranging from 200 to 12,000. So yes, you can stay well within 400 to 1600. Professional FPS players usually stay within 400 - 800 DPI and use large mouse pads.

- Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.