Question Logitech G Pro X Superlight scroll wheel issue.

kinggaming60

Reputable
Dec 3, 2018
Hey all,

I have had my G pro x for about, 7 months now I received it as a christmas gift and the mouse is flawless, but I have run into an issue with the scroll wheel just acting eratic. On some parts of the scroll wheel, it's insanely sensative, even the slightest movement of my finger will cause the scroll to go up or down on the screen, and when I scroll a single notch down and then barely touch the scroll wheel, nothing happens. Even when just scrolling normally, when scrolling down on some revolutions it will scroll the opposite direction, and vice versa for scrolling up. I'm just here to ask if this is a common issue with some of these mice? Me and my friend bought the same mouse about 5-6 months apart but we both got the same issue with our scroll wheels. I'm assuming it might have something to do with the spring on the scroll wheel but I'm just asking here to see if anyone has fixed this issue before. If you guys need a video demo of the problem just ask and I'll be happy to provide one :)

Thanks for all the help.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
but I'm just asking here to see if anyone has fixed this issue before
Hardware failure = new mouse. Simple as that.

In my years, i've seen that different mice have different inherited problems.

For example:
My previous mouse, after ~1 year, developed a fault when pressing left button, it sometimes registered it as double-click, despite me pressing only once. As time moved a bit forward, the issue got more severe, where every other single-click was registered as double-click. Eventually, it made the usage of mice pretty much impossible. Since mice was still under warranty, i filed RMA and got a replacement, brand new, cost free (same make and model).

~1 year later, the replacement mice developed the exact same fault. Ontop of all that, my missus had the very same make and model mice as well, and hers too, ~1.2 years in service, developed the very same fault.
When one mice develops a fault, it could be manufacturing error. But if all 3 develop the very same fault, within about the same lifespan - that's inherited problem within that specific model of a mice.

So, i ditched that model of mice completely and picked another model of mice, while still remaining within the same brand.
Though, my new model of mice, did also develop a fault, whereby middle mouse button (under scroll wheel), stopped responding. Since it was only one instance, i did the RMA, got 2nd, brand new mice back (again same model) and currently, looking if 2nd one also develops the same fault or not. My missus also has this model of mice in use and i can monitor if the middle mouse button dying was one-off or is it inherited problem with this particular model of mice. (While inconvenient issue, it's still far less severe of an issue, than double-click issue on left mouse button.)

With this, i'd suggest switching model of the mice, since chances that 2nd, brand new one, developing the same fault within ~7 months time, is quite high. You already know 2 instances of that happening.

Aug 8, 2023
Hey all,

I have had my G pro x for about, 7 months now I received it as a christmas gift and the mouse is flawless, but I have run into an issue with the scroll wheel just acting eratic. On some parts of the scroll wheel, it's insanely sensative, even the slightest movement of my finger will cause the scroll to go up or down on the screen, and when I scroll a single notch down and then barely touch the scroll wheel, nothing happens. Even when just scrolling normally, when scrolling down on some revolutions it will scroll the opposite direction, and vice versa for scrolling up. I'm just here to ask if this is a common issue with some of these mice? Me and my friend bought the same mouse about 5-6 months apart but we both got the same issue with our scroll wheels. I'm assuming it might have something to do with the spring on the scroll wheel but I'm just asking here to see if anyone has fixed this issue before. If you guys need a video demo of the problem just ask and I'll be happy to provide one :)

Thanks for all the help.
Hey! I've had the same issue happen to me and instead of replacing the mouse like Aeacus suggested I just fixed it because I really enjoy the mouse and its the best that I've used, and it is too expensive for me to replace every 6 months to a year. There are two ways you can fix it, the first one is really easy but maybe not as effective, and the second gives you an excuse for upgrading your mouse feet. I got my superlight around Christmas time as well and it had the same erratic mouse issue about 5-6 months after use. I just lived with it until I decided to upgrade the feet on it and I decided to fix it (this is the second option, I'll tell you how to do that later). The first way you can possibly fix your mouse is by spraying compressed air down into the mouse thru the holes in the mouse wheel. This helped my issue and made the erratic nature of it less extreme but it was still erratic. So the second fix is by taking the mouse apart and spraying off everything with compressed air (you technically only need to do this to the potentiometer on the scroll sensor, but you have the mouse opened up already, might as well). That is what I just did and upgraded to the superglide v2's and its working at like 99% perfection. There is a couple instances where you do find the mouse jump or be hyper sensitive but that is super rare. I'll link the guide to how to replace the mouse wheel (you don't need to replace it, just clean it) and also the feet I upgraded to. Hope this helps!!