Logitech G27 won't steer

Oct 28, 2014
Just got the g27 and plugged it in, everything works on it including the wheel buttons, pedals, and shifter buttons. but it won't register my steering, when i plug it in it seems to do a test of the force feedback motors where it goes from one side to the other, but mine just does a little twitch in each direction. maybe its busted from the inside?

Solution
Sorry for the late response but I'm in the middle of traveling for the Christmas week. It very well could be the PSU not managing the same power it was designed for, although in my experience, either a power supply will work or it will not with the intended hardware. Have you tried it in any games yet? Did the seller give you any guarantee that it was working?

Oct 28, 2014
I already ran tests, its used. but the power supply that came with it is not the same that is compatible. Could it be the power supply causing issues or an internal problem?

Sorry for the late response but I'm in the middle of traveling for the Christmas week. It very well could be the PSU not managing the same power it was designed for, although in my experience, either a power supply will work or it will not with the intended hardware. Have you tried it in any games yet? Did the seller give you any guarantee that it was working?

Solution
Oct 28, 2014
Tried it on some games, everything works other than the steering, and there was no guarantee of it working when i bought it.

Okay well see if you can purchase an original power adapter from Logitech for it. That's the only other thing you can do at this point. This is a US link, not sure where you are: http://www.amazon.com/Original-Logitech-Power-Adapter-Racing/dp/B00742YOEU

It's really tough to call though. It could be the power adapter, or it could be a bad wheel. Even if the wheel is not plugged into electricity at all, it will still be "alive" and recognized by the PC if plugged into the USB port.

And like I said, I have one (have since upgraded to Thrustmaster T300RS for PS4 racing) but had to repair it after about three years of a lot of use (several thousands of hours of use) between my PC and PS3. Good luck my friend! Hate that I can't help more.

Oct 28, 2014
Well i gave up and contacted Logitech about this and they'er gonna replace it with a G29. Thanks for the help though!

Cool! I would have gotten a G29 but it wasn't available when I got my PS4 so I had to get a Thrustmaster wheel that would work on both my PC and PS4. I loved my G27 pedals so much I bought an adapter to use them with my T300 wheel. In any event, that's awesome man!