Logitech G303 or Corsair M65

QRCodeKiller

Honorable
Jan 4, 2014
Hi, i'm currently on the market for a new mouse and the 2 mice that stood out for me is the Corsair M65 RGB and the Logitech G303. (G303 over Sabre Optical, just because people are saying it is better.)
I live in sort of a backwater country so the shops, although they do sell these mice, they don't have any on display so i have to make a decision purely by reviews.
Out of these 2 mice, the M65 does look better with its better looking build quality, but the reason i'm hesitating is because of the Avago 9800 Laser sensor. I've used the M95 which i absolutely abhorred, either due to being so heavy or due to it being a laser mouse. I don't know the reason as i got rid of it as fast as possible.
I would like to know if the M65 still has a noticeable mouse acceleration, as i dislike acceleration, and whether if this laser sensor is superior to the 12,000 over-the-top dpi from an optical sensor of Logitech G303. Also i have a fairly small hand and i palm grip my mouse.

Yes, i know Laser sensor has built in acceleration and many people states as a fact that optical sensor is better than laser. But there has to be reason why M65 has been getting such good reviews.

Solution

Correct, hardware "acceleration" is innate to all mice that have laser sensors. But when your settings are set up carefully, the acceleration is barely noticeable.

CorsairJoseph

Reputable
Nov 7, 2014

You can simply disable angle snapping in CUE (Corsair Utility Engine), and you can also go to control panel in mouse properties under pointer options, untick the box that says "Enhance pointer precision". That should give you a more natural control over your mouse.

From what I've been seeing on the forums, the most common compliment that people say about the M65 is, the build quality - I have one myself, and I have to say, I'll have to agree with those guys. I've used both M90/M95 and Sabre, they are fine but M65 feels more natural especially when gaming.

woll3

Reputable
Dec 17, 2014

Nobody mentioned Angle Snapping. :>

woll3

Reputable
Dec 17, 2014

Regardless of disabling EPP, CPI wont be linear with an A9800 mouse and will always lead to "acceleration".

CorsairJoseph

Reputable
Nov 7, 2014

Correct, hardware "acceleration" is innate to all mice that have laser sensors. But when your settings are set up carefully, the acceleration is barely noticeable.

Solution

QRCodeKiller

Honorable
Jan 4, 2014
I've heard the m65 was pretty heavy. Would the weight be bearable to someone who uses the mouse for fast quick game play? I'm a person who even finds the G502 to be slightly a bit too heavy for my liking. If the weight is somewhat tolerable and acceleration is minimal to the point where its unnoticeable then i shall try the m65.

CorsairJoseph

Reputable
Nov 7, 2014
Out of the box, yes, I think it is heavier than the G502, but the weight system really makes it flexible for users to find their preferred weight. I personally like a heavy mouse, so the default weight of 135.5g really works for me. You can lower it down to 115g, you just need to find your sweet spot.