Logitech G500 software doesn't work.

DudE132

Distinguished
May 28, 2011
Logitech Setpoint does not detect my Logitech G500. I know that is is a hugely common problem with the piece of *** Setpoint program Logitech uses. Is there anyway to get this thing to work?

Also, does anyone know what the 3 default DPI settings the G500 comes with out of the box?

nin-ha

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2011
Which Setpoint are you using? there's a disk that the mouse comes with that has a specific version of the Set Point client meant for the Logitech G500 and G9 mice. If you downloaded Set Point off the website then it might not work.

a little black duck

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011
Hmm, I had the exact opposite experience than nin-ha. I had many problems when installing setpoint from disc, especially when it came to updates and the like. Every time I started setpoint I had to re-associate my mouse to the software. My recommendation is to uninstall setpoint completely, then visit logitech support >> http://www.logitech.com/en-us/support Follow the instructions in option 4 or download the auto-detect function in option 1. Then install the latest version for your mouse. Good luck.